No Carb No Sugar diet

Options
I would really appreciate if i could find a healthy no carb no sugar diet due to the fact then i have health problems that need to be fixed with diet and exercise. Thank you for any tips.

Replies

• hwoeltjen
    hwoeltjen Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    What problems do you have that require a NO carb No sugar diet?
  • Amadbro
    Amadbro Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Are you diabetic?
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I would really appreciate if i could find a healthy no carb no sugar diet due to the fact then i have health problems that need to be fixed with diet and exercise. Thank you for any tips.

There's no such thing as a no carb no sugar diet.

Where did you get this idea?
  • Fivepts
    Fivepts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I'm new at this and I might get some "snarky", as some say responses from my recommendation, but I just found a book called "21 day Sugar Detox" on Amazon. It's simple but I like it. I'm struggling with allergy/immunity issues and cutting back on carbs really seems to help a lot. There are a couple of Low Carb groups here too.
  • hwoeltjen
    hwoeltjen Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Low carbs and low sugar is not the same as No carbs and No sugar.

You need carbs and you need sugar. Now if you need a low carb & low sugar diet then we can talk. Otherwise you may enter into a diet that makes you hate life and doesn't benefit you whatsoever.
  • Fivepts
    Fivepts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I'm new at this and I might get some "snarky", as some say responses from my recommendation, but I just found a book called "21 day Sugar Detox" on Amazon. It's simple but I like it. I'm struggling with allergy/immunity issues and cutting back on carbs really seems to help a lot. There are a couple of Low Carb groups here too.

Also I assume you mean cutting back on carbs that are low in nutrition, enriched, etc rather than "good carbs" from vegetables, some grains, beans, etc and cutting back on sugar from empty calorie foods like candy and cakes rather than from dairy, fruit, or veggies. Generally, that's what people mean :wink:
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options

Ask your doctor to refer you to a nutritionist who specializes in the diet you need to eat for your medical problems.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    In...for science.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    This should be interesting.
  • Bobbie8786
    Bobbie8786 Posts: 202 Member
    Options

Ask your doctor to refer you to a nutritionist who specializes in the diet you need to eat for your medical problems.

This. I don't think asking a bunch of strangers on the internet is really going to provide you with a solution to your "health problems," especially in reference to a radically restrictive diet.
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    When I saw the title of the thread, I immediately felt like:

tumblr_mg7h70GmfY1s1wpnwo1_500.gif

But then I started reading it...
    tumblr_mkrfdn70Jg1riyhgvo1_500.gif
  • shortt123
    shortt123 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    A friend told me about the ideal protein diet, it includes protein shakes, lots of vegetables, meat or alternative & a healthy protein bar. I'm going to try this diet out, to help lose some weight, but also to help stop the sugar cravings. Instead of taking the ideal protein shakes, I have a similar shake (isoflex). the diet is very low in Carbs & sugar. Alternatively, eating lots of protein & veggies can be effective as well.
  • skydivelife
    skydivelife Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    That's actually a hot debate right now. I know it's popped up several times in the past but they're arguing whether or not the body needs any dietary carbohydrate at all because of it's ability to create sugar from fat. Interesting idea :)

Paleo is, by far, the best nutritional plan I have ever used on my clients. It gets the most consistent results. Give it a whirl :)
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Science died pretty much straight away there, and now we have spam.
  • skydivelife
    skydivelife Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    do a little digging ;)
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    OP you mentioned chronic heartburn from bingeing in another post. Is this the reasoning behind the low/no sugar/carbs? Have you spoken with a nutritionist. Or done a food diary to suss out trigger foods for yourself?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,392 MFP Moderator
    Options
    That's actually a hot debate right now. I know it's popped up several times in the past but they're arguing whether or not the body needs any dietary carbohydrate at all because of it's ability to create sugar from fat. Interesting idea :)

Paleo is, by far, the best nutritional plan I have ever used on my clients. It gets the most consistent results. Give it a whirl :)

There is NO such thing as best nutritional plan. You can hit all your macronurtrient and micronutrient needs through normal eating. You do not have to give up specific foods to improve health. If you have any studies from the NIH or American Journal of Medicine or other unbias research facilities, i would love to see them.

OP, outside of a medical condition (PCOS, POTS, Celiac, etc..) or the fact that specific foods cause you to binge, there is no reason to restrict carbs and sugar. Reducing these will not increase fat loss as it takes 3500 calories (not a specific macro) less to lose a lb of fat. What is really important outside of a calorie deficit, is getting about .8-1g of protein and .35g of fat per lb of lean body mass. If you have lower calories, than increasing protein and fats will increase satiety. Also, plenty of veggies will increase health and regularity as they are loaded with fiber.

http://www.fitnessbaddies.com/your-problem-with-sugar-is-the-problem-with-sugar/
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Science died pretty much straight away there, and now we have spam.

Mmmm, spam!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Hey, at least spam has no carbs and no sugar - result!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hey, at least spam has no carbs and no sugar - result!

but i like my spam in a sarnie... or a spam fritter... MMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!