Tdee - exercise question

Options
I am thinking of changing to the tdee method minus 10/15 percent as I only have 3 kilos to lose. Just wanted to ask when you input how much exercise you are doing how much does it estimate you are burning per session. I normally work out 5 days a week but 3 days I'll do lots of cardio for 1-2 hours and on the other days it's more yoga/Pilates based with maybe 10-20 minutes treadmill so on those days I'm probably only burning 200 calories where on the other days I can burn from 400-1000. Should I put that I work out 5 days because that's how much I'm working out or 3 days because that's when I burn the most calories

Replies

• born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    See my journal. For a typical weight training session I add like 1-3 kcals same with a run. Don't bother entering calories burned just change them to single digitis
  • Wantingtolose1
    Wantingtolose1 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Yes I'm aware that you don't log exercise because it is factored in to the calories they give you. Just wanted to know when working out tdee how many days should I say I'm exercising
  • CMorning99
    CMorning99 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I added up all my exercise calories for the previous weeks ( I am a creature of habit) and took the avg per day to add to my pre-workout calorie burn. So while some days I burn 200...and others 700...everyday I have about a 300 a day avg I deduct.
  • pavrg
    pavrg Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    My recommendation is that you count each hour of exercise as a day.

Then after, you've been doing your program and diet for a few weeks, adjust the TDEE based on the results you see, interpolating 500 cal/day * lb.

In other words, let's say you set it to exercise 5 days a week and it spits out 2000 calories. You perform that diet and routine for 3 weeks. You actually lose 2 lbs, which is 0.67 lbs per week. That's 1/3 lb/week under your goal, so you would do 0.33 * 3500 / 7 = 165 fewer calories per day for a total TDEE of 1835 cal/day.
  • Wantingtolose1
    Wantingtolose1 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Thanks that makes a lot of sense