Have you bought smaller clothes for weight loss motivation?

Options
2»

Replies

• laursoar
    laursoar Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    As a lot of my clothes get baggier, I've been buying a few new things here and there. I tend to buy clothes that are a little tighter or even an extra size down since I know I'll be there in a month or so. It isn't really for motivation's sake, even though I do love the feeling when clothes that were too tight start fitting well!
  • claudiakendall98
    claudiakendall98 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I bought a little black Dress with skinny red belt. I am so close to wearing it. I will have pictures when I do .I can not wait.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    i buy what i fit into now. thats motivation enough!
  • Jaxxy_Fae
    Options
    I bought a size 18 pair of pants. I'm in a 20/22 right now, and the 18s certainly give me motivation to work toward them. I just have to keep them visible to remind myself that they are there and my butt needs to get moving to get to that size!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    No, but I had gained weight having had some really awesome designer clothes that I spent a lot of money on so I had held onto them. I almost got rid of them, but I didn't. I got to wear some of them again, but the others were out of style a bit. The even better news is I have shrunken out of most of them too! YAY!
  • RheneeB
    RheneeB Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I have always tried that but always made the mistake of buying something really small and then it becomes overwhelming. So 2 weeks ago I saw a pair of really cute jeans. The 12's fit perfect but I bought the 10's although they lacked about an inch to get buttoned. I have been doing hip hip abs for a week and yesterday.....I wore those jeans WITH a shirt tucked in!!! I was so excited!! I realize that small steps work much better for me!!
  • casy84
    casy84 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I did about 4 years ago. That's how long it took me to fit in a pair of jeans... Now I don't
    like them that much anymore because fashion changes
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    It seems like a bad idea to me because you can't know if the fit will be quite right. I might keep clothes that are slightly small, but most of my old ones still fit awkwardly anyway because my body shape has changed.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    About at the halfway point while I was losing weight, I bought a cute bikini at clearance price just for fun. I remember squeezing into to thinking "one day I will be able to fit into this thing..."

I would try it on once in a while and noticed I was looking better and better each time. I noticed rolls that was there before were disappearing and it was just fitting better overall.

I forgot all about it and recently put it on and now it's 3 sizes too big! To know that I went from barely being able to fit in the bikini to swimming in it (no pun) was a huge NSV for me and it give me another reminder to keep maintaining!
  • Oh_Allie
    Oh_Allie Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I don't because I'd hate to buy something smaller only to have it not fit the right way when I got to that point. I do have a couple of things left from when I was a size 10/12 a few years ago that I loved and couldn't part with that I hung on my closet as inspiration. I'm excited to be able to wear them again someday. :)
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I don't because I don't know what will fit right when I get to goal weight. Sure something might be in my goal size but who knows if it's flattering? I'd rather wait so I can try things on the body I will have.
  • lillivewire87
    lillivewire87 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I haven't bought any, but I did have a girlfriend gift me with some jeans that were wayyy small (thank you for thinking I was smaller than I was!) I kept them one because they were designer and two because I was determined to fit into them. I put them on for the first time this week, and they buttoned and everything!
  • PrestonRP
    Options
    I have. A pair of 36 waist pair of jeans, a white tee shirt and a blue jeans shirt. I also plan to splurge on a tailored suit when I am at goal. Lots of time yet.