Best cereals to buy?

Options
13»

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Read Lables. You used Cinnamon toast crunch as an example ..

Did you know that Cocoa Puffs Brownie Crunch has less sugar than CTC?

An Multi-Bran chex has more?

^^ this ..read the labels ....the so called "healthy" cereals are not so healthy when it comes to the amount of sugar...I used to be a acereal freak...eating every day, sometimes twice until I researched further....most cereals are just plain garbage...but if you must eat it, eat the recommended serving, which I guarantee noone goes by...most are 3/4 cup to 1 1/.4 cup a serving.......and seriously.... whens the last time you stopped eating cereal at that?? or even measured? i filled my bowl, that holds at least 2 cups and then would have seconds...

Sugar is just a simple carb. (and pretty friggin' yummy)
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    Nate, I agree. I replaced cereal with eggs and turkey bacon 3 months ago and have dropped 15 lbs (among other changes.) But the changes I saw was that my stomach shrank within 3 days, stopped the sugar cravings and I was fuller for a longer period of time.

agreed....stop the cereal, turkey bacon and eggs FTW !!

REAL bacon FTW. "Turkey bacon" isn't even bacon.

I never said it was :noway:
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    Read Lables. You used Cinnamon toast crunch as an example ..

Did you know that Cocoa Puffs Brownie Crunch has less sugar than CTC?

An Multi-Bran chex has more?

^^ this ..read the labels ....the so called "healthy" cereals are not so healthy when it comes to the amount of sugar...I used to be a acereal freak...eating every day, sometimes twice until I researched further....most cereals are just plain garbage...but if you must eat it, eat the recommended serving, which I guarantee noone goes by...most are 3/4 cup to 1 1/.4 cup a serving.......and seriously.... whens the last time you stopped eating cereal at that?? or even measured? i filled my bowl, that holds at least 2 cups and then would have seconds...

Sugar is just a simple carb. (and pretty friggin' yummy)

sugar kills didnt you know that?? gheesh :laugh:
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i buy whatever is on sale or i have a coupon for.

i like chex a lot, life cereal, reese puffs, chocolate cheerios, multi grain cheerios
  • marx4
    marx4 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    The lowest calorie cereals that I've found are original fiber one, 60 calories, and arrowhead mills has some that are 60 calories and one is 50, I think it's the wheat one. Arrowhead mills comes in the plastic bags and are usually on the bottom shelves of grocery stores. Of course, the last place to look and not at eye level, saved the place for the sugary 200 plus ones!!
  • svsl0928
    svsl0928 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with an apple or banana or a peach cooked in it works for me.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I go with a mix of Kelloggs Krave Double Chocolate and Reese's Puffs beyond that right now all other cereal is dead to me.... lol :drinker:
  • danalstephenson
    Options
    I did some label comparisons in my local grocery store, and Cheerios came out as the best in calories and nutrients. Even the chocolate ones were relatively healthy. I'm eating Kashi Indigo Morning right now but it's expensive and not particularly filling.
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I don't worry too much about cereal. It's fortified with so many vitamins and minerals that even the sugary stuff isn't a terrible choice. I like Nesquik, chocolate Cheerios, and Reese Puffs.