Marijuana and fat...

Options

Replies

• Windzer
    Windzer Posts: 104
    Options
    You can use synthetic urine to get by. I have done this in the past, and it worked perfectly.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    just quit. i quit 8 months ago never looked back. best decision i ever made.
  • csteuter
    csteuter Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    First, at 5'9" and 187 pounds, you are not too far overweight ... Stop smoking TODAY. Can you? If you are a heavy smoker, you have an emotional dependence on weed. I'm not sure how being a heavy weed smoker works for you and getting through graduate school, but you have managed. Don't try to fool the system, just stop smoking TODAY. You will be in decent shape in 30 days. And, if you have not even interviewed yet, realize that it takes a length of time between all the interviews, job offer, then drug screening. You probably have more than 30 days built into your schedule already. Not judging here, but you need a clear head to function properly. Good luck.
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    1. The drinks do work, but only for a short window of time. And they're expensive (usually $30-$40 a pop for the ones that won't flag for dilution or goldenseal).

2. If the employer does a hair test (which is highly unlikely), OP is screwed anyway.

3. There is no real way to "speed up" your metabolism to the point of burning off 3 months worth of fat/calories in one month or less. It's just not possible. But as someone else said, THC isn't stored in fat cells so that part doesn't really matter. Stop smoking, drink a ton of water every day, and when you're ready to start applying , go get an at-home testing kit for THC to see if you're clear yet. You probably will be.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    No judgement here why a tax paying, responsible, voting grown adult ...

Hmm. That's a bit of an assumption. Adult, I'll give you. The rest, who knows. But it doesn't matter, OP makes his own choices as do we all.

Anyway, OP, don't listen to the 'flushing products work' crowd. They absolutely don't work if that sample is sent to any kind of reputable testing lab (there are plenty of labs that aren't that great). Best not to take chances.
  • justdoit613
    justdoit613 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Cardio then steam room
    and drink plenty of water
  • bmoliv66
    bmoliv66 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Regardless of what works or doesn't work I would still wait as long as I could before the tests. 6 weeks or more. Sure people have done this and that and it worked... But they have also failed. If you are serious enough about your career choices to go to grad school, I wouldn't risk it.
  • Windzer
    Windzer Posts: 104
    Options
    1. The drinks do work, but only for a short window of time. And they're expensive (usually $30-$40 a pop for the ones that won't flag for dilution or goldenseal).

2. If the employer does a hair test (which is highly unlikely), OP is screwed anyway.

3. There is no real way to "speed up" your metabolism to the point of burning off 3 months worth of fat/calories in one month or less. It's just not possible. But as someone else said, THC isn't stored in fat cells so that part doesn't really matter. Stop smoking, drink a ton of water every day, and when you're ready to start applying , go get an at-home testing kit for THC to see if you're clear yet. You probably will be.

I believe this to be incorrect, THC is stored in fat cells. I stopped smoking for 3 months a long time ago, while losing weight, and failed a test once. So in my experience THC can be stored in fat cells
  • stew71455
    Options
    The marijuana stays in most bodies at least 30 days regardless of body fat. I would recommend stop smoking immediately, start exercising on a daily basis, flushing your system daily with water, steam baths help cleanse your body of impurities, there are shampoos that work on cleaning your hair follicles and the cleansing drinks use to work. My experience is from 10 years ago and I would believe the testing has improved.

If you know any one who has to go see a probation officer and is subject to being tested on a regular or random basis would be a good resource to talk to. These people would know all the tricks
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    water, water, water, water, water. And quit smoking. Hey, I love to self medicate but if it was a choice between that or a good job, the job wins. Welcome to adulthood.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    First of all, if this is you....

53343654_1084.jpg

You posted your pic on the internet, along with your story about how you plan to fool prospective employers. Did ya post the same question on your Facebook page?

And, were you high when you made your profile, and said you were a female?

Good luck with the job search.

LOL this is funny...and sort of sad depending on what your "dream job" is...Hopefully not something where your high can endanger other people...
  • susieoj
    susieoj Posts: 181
    Options
    I feel terrible for laughing while reading this but really. Really? Delete the thread, this is the internet, not the private internet, the internet that everyone can see! Save yourself lol and drink a lot of water and good luck.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Switch to meth and go into maintenance.
  • wannabpiper
    wannabpiper Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    So this is a bit in another direction, but typically you don't get tested until you get hired, and that typically takes a while for most jobs today. If you follow the advice many gave you already on this thread, you likely will be in a better position by the time you actually do get tested. It's unfortunate, but if you were a big drinker, the alcohol would leave your system quickly, but pot sticks around for a while.
  • healthymissfit
    healthymissfit Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I've used fake pee for every job I've ever had that required drug testing. It's called QuixFix 2.0 and you can usually get it at your local headshop (or order it online) it comes in a little kit with the small flask like bottle of fake pee, a hand warmer, a rubberband, and a temperature strip on the bottle. It's fantastic, and there's no way to tell it's fake. However, if you'd like it out of your system quick, burning fat is the last thing you want to do. THAT'S when it'll take you 90 days to clear your system. THC stores in fat cells, burning them releases the THC and makes you restart the cleansing process. Good luck!
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options

I believe this to be incorrect, THC is stored in fat cells. I stopped smoking for 3 months a long time ago, while losing weight, and failed a test once. So in my experience THC can be stored in fat cells

Actually it is an inactive metabolite of TCH that is stored. And you are correct, it is lipid soluble. I misspoke but my point is that burning body fat won't speed up the process of testing clean in any meaningful way.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

It's stored in the fatty cells in the liver. Their purpose is to capture toxins and expel them from the body. It is NOT stored in body fat. If your body is having trouble expelling toxins, then they have a tendency to linger a little longer.
  • aimeev2
    aimeev2 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I feel like I have learned so much here today! I always wondered how people got around drug testing, and now I do.

But seriously, yes, just delete this whole thread and profile. If a company is drug testing and I assume you're going for a higher-level job since you mention a Master's degree, they have the resources and wherewithal to do a social media search on you. That will be way more detrimental to you than some herb in your wee.
  • teerae326
    teerae326 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I have passed multiple drug tests with synthetic urine. It's easy to use, easy to conceal. No crazy amount of "flushing" required.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Those drinks or 'flushing agents' don't work.
    Yes they do. I passed an employment urine drug test after drinking one and I was a fairly heavy pot smoker.
This discussion has been closed.