Macros help

Options
I just started using this website. For some reason I can't stay under my daily calorie limit while hitting my macros. Everything is in the green (Carbs, Fat, Protein, Sodium, Sugar) but my calories are over. Is there an error or is it something I could be doing wrong.

any help appreciated.

Replies

• totoronz
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, I've recently joined too. I've also been hitting my macros but over in my calories. I didn't mind too much because I've allowed myself an adjustment period so I can become used to the smaller portions and lack of wheat/sugars.
    Now that I'm entering my third week I would like to focus on getting the calories right and introduce exercise. My appetite has decreased, and my energy levels have increased. Hopefully that will be reflected in my calorie intake. It takes a little tweaking but you'll get there, you'll find out what works and what doesn't along the way. Hope this helps :)
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Are you sure you are only adding foods that got the correct information for macros? Might be that some of the items you log are missing the information on fat or something similar...

Another point is that mfp only counts grams and not milligrams. So if it is 4.3 g of fat, mfp counts 4 but the bit more will still be reflected in the calorie count of the food.
  • cedarblack
    cedarblack Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Are you sure you are only adding foods that got the correct information for macros? Might be that some of the items you log are missing the information on fat or something similar...

Another point is that mfp only counts grams and not milligrams. So if it is 4.3 g of fat, mfp counts 4 but the bit more will still be reflected in the calorie count of the food.

^This. Sometimes people add food to the database and only put in the calorie total and miss out all the other info - just make sure you double check whenever you log!
  • kalgetripped
    Options
    Thanks for the response guys.

Will try it out.