50+ Looking for friends and motivation

Options
Hi im 50 and looking for like minded people to help keep me motivated.

I have 2st to loose more would be a bonus - but I actually want some encouragement to step up my exercise as im finding I am starting to get a bit breathless on exertion.
Female
50 yrs old
13st.7
Size 16

Used to be 9st size 8 will happily settle for size 12

Get in touch

Replies

• cantfail
    cantfail Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Kristal. I'm 52 and I live in Texas. What sort of exercise do you like to do?
  • janicebinva
    janicebinva Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi im 50 and looking for like minded people to help keep me motivated.

I have 2st to loose more would be a bonus - but I actually want some encouragement to step up my exercise as im finding I am starting to get a bit breathless on exertion.
    Female
    50 yrs old
    13st.7
    Size 16

Used to be 9st size 8 will happily settle for size 12

Get in touch

Hi,

I think we have some similarities. I'm 47, and also a size 16. I'm 5'6" and 161 pounds. I'd like to be a size 10 again, but will settle for a size 12 too. I enjoy exercise, though right now I'm coming back after shoulder surgery and foot issues. So, I'm taking it slowly. Last night while watching TV, I did some squats, jogging in place and other things I can do with my arm in a sling :-). If you're getting too breathless during exercise, maybe you would benefit from pulling back on the intensity a little bit too. I think at our age, when getting started, it's important to do activities that will build up fitness at a slower level so as not to risk injury and setbacks. I just ordered an aerobics step so I can do that while watching TV too.

What kind of exercise are you doing now?
  • NicolaPopovic1
    NicolaPopovic1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Kristal. I'm 52 and I live in Texas. What sort of exercise do you like to do?

god its ben so long since I went to the gym but I really used to love the cross trainer so much so I bought one only to hang cloths on it for a year OH sold it in the end lol

I have added you if that s ok

Nicci x
  • queezle_sister
    queezle_sister Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm 54, and would happily be your friend. I am doing a 25 minute video workout each morning, and it is definitely helping me be more fit.
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I'm 49 and currently trying to maintain (and tone up) after losing 58 pounds. I only recently started going to the gym, but I notice a difference already. I love the arc trainer and started out at only being able to do 20 minutes. I can now do an hour and then I do some light lifting to try and firm up my arms and abs. I don't see much progress in my arms yet, but hopefully soon. The abs are slow too (thanks to 2 pregnancies). Feel free to add me as a friend.