my wii fit mii has body image issues...

Options
that girl is a chunk. and i swear i work out just to get her skinnier.

i guess i have body image issues for her, but seriously... she's just so... stumpy. if it was a human looking person i don't think i would be nearly as disturbed by how odd she looks.

i am not nearly as obsessed with my own body.

sorry, i just had to get that out, and to a bunch of stangers this seemed like a good place to vent my insanity.

thank you. :bigsmile:

Replies

• AlyssaC2010
    Options
    Lol! This made me smile. It's weird they don't have legs but just feet...I don't know why but it always gets me. I think I just have issues when my Wii Fit board says to step on & the voice goes "Ohh" and I'm like "gee thanks!"
  • splooshcar
    Options
    :laugh:
    Thanks for the giggle, even if it is at the expense of your Mii.
    Happy balance board-ing and stay free of Wii-juries. :smile:
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Lol! This made me smile. It's weird they don't have legs but just feet...I don't know why but it always gets me. I think I just have issues when my Wii Fit board says to step on & the voice goes "Ohh" and I'm like "gee thanks!"

I am with you...and I hate hearing "that's overweight" geez no kidding thanks for reminding me DAILY!
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I am with you...and I hate hearing "that's overweight" geez no kidding thanks for reminding me DAILY!
    [/quote]

HA! I wish. Mine gets to tell me I'm obese!!!
  • cbuggin22
    cbuggin22 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I hate it when I get on the board and it says "OH!"! LOL I also am upset by the way my mii looks! I'm in the obese category, so mine is very round in the mid section with the normal looking legs. It's pretty funny looking!
  • MsElphaba
    MsElphaba Posts: 432 Member
    Options

I interpret it as "Oh! Your Fat" but every now and then I get a "Great!"

My 9-year-old asks why my Wii is fat... oy.
  • AmeliaDouglas
    AmeliaDouglas Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My Mii looked pretty sad until a month ago when my Wii Fit finally declared my BMI 'normal.' It praises me every time I weigh in and my Mii is lookin' much better, of course she still has no boobs. Keep going, it feels so good when it stops saying "oh, that's overweight" and your Mii jumps for joy every morning. I haven't let it tell me I am fat since I crossed that line and it is a huge motivator.
  • Chrissun
    Chrissun Posts: 148
    Options
    My 13 year old was with me when I did my settings and saw "myself" as a mii for the first time. He said, "You do not look like that!".
    That made me feel better. I'll be looking forward to mine being a normal size.
  • Ryhenblue
    Ryhenblue Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    My Mii makes me laugh. She is obese right now but very close to being overweight. I'm like who designed these?
  • nanianela
    Options
    I'm dreading getting the wii fit for just that reason lol
  • hopfroggyfrog
    Options
    Haha, mine too! I hate the song it plays when it shows you're obese. The "BWOMP-bah-bah-bah-bah-BWOMP" like your fatness is making the song heavier. When my friends get on it's all happy haha. Oh well. I will be excited when it goes down. I really love the wii fit, so I don't really care that my mii is roly-poly. :) It would be fun if we could post our mii pictures.
  • MsNewBooty
    Options
    :laugh: You guys have ALL made me laugh! My Mii is obese, but my husband says she's cute and I just roll with that, (LOL). But I noticed that she doesn't look so big when she's doing the Island Run (on the bike), so I do that one A LOT these days:bigsmile:
  • kami28
    kami28 Posts: 15
    Options
    I have loved this topic! Thanks so much!

My wii mii is also obese, and I hate that little sound it plays for it too... its like, I know....thanks! duh...
    Also, my mii is the only one on our console that is "fluffy" as the comedian Gabriel Iglesias says...

Most of the time, all this being broadcast on a 32" tv for all to see is a bit too much for me, so I end up not doing it enough.

I just joined today and reading the posts on this site definitely has helped to motivate me so much into starting again and really giving it my best efforts. Thanks to all for being so vocal, open, honest, and most of all kind. The topic of weight has always been one I've struggled with, and I feel completely comfortable talking with you all about it, since you have all been so open.

Good luck to all, and I hope we get to know each other better!
  • caroeden
    caroeden Posts: 31
    Options
    ha! this makes me so happy to see other people respond to this!!!

YES!!! When the wii says "That's Obese!" and the music... and then she hangs her head in shame... poor mii.

I am almost there to "That's Overweight!" and i can't wait!
  • disneybuff323
    Options
    I agree lol its ridiculous!
  • stringcheeze
    Options
    When I hear the "Oh!" sound, I think to myself "thanks a lot, b****!" and then strive to shut it up by putting in a good workout. :happy: My Mii's a little chunk too, but I did her up in pig-tails and huge-lash eyes, so she's pretty cute.

The only thing I hate is the "attitude" the Board avatar gives me when I give it an excuse as to why my weight went up (bathroom scale says otherwise, so whatever Fit Board!).