Appreciation for website designers/administrators/moderators

Options
I just joined this site yesterday, and I love it! Nice job all! Easy to navigate, well moderated, and the tools are easy to use and seem very good.

I especially loved last night when I finished logging my food and exercise, and it told me "If every day were like today, you'd weigh 153.5 in 5 weeks"! I didn't know it was going to do something like that. I weigh 161 right now, so that was good news. Incredibly motivational. Personally I get discouraged when my weight goes up and down day by day. It's so nice to see that result put in a five-week time frame, because as we all know, it's consistency that's the key.

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    I wish this site had a "like" icon. The staff here are pretty cool, aren't they?
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    In for appreciation.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Appreciate also.

Just wish they would allow more granularity/control over my caloric goals.
  • _jayciemarie_
    _jayciemarie_ Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I wish this site had a "like" icon. The staff here are pretty cool, aren't they?

I agree! I wish there was some way that we could click a button to show that we agree or like what the poster posted without having to comment.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    Appreciate also.

You can set your goal manually.
  • gmthisfeller
    gmthisfeller Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    In for appreciation.

+1
  • bf43005
    bf43005 Posts: 287
    Options
    Love this site, it has changed my life. Thanks to all those involved (if they ever see this)
  • 86muffintop
    86muffintop Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Love this site, it has changed my life. Thanks to all those involved (if they ever see this)

Well we could report the original post for being nice to the website team!

It's a very good app and website. I was on another site before MFP and it just didn't gel. The database was horrendous to navigate and the forums were completely linear - again very difficult to navigate. This site is definitely brilliant.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options

Ditto.

I never had much success losing weight until I joined MFP. So, thank you!
  • mrsgrimsdale
    Options

Well we could report the original post for being nice to the website team!

It's a very good app and website. I was on another site before MFP and it just didn't gel. The database was horrendous to navigate and the forums were completely linear - again very difficult to navigate. This site is definitely brilliant.
    ^^ This and all the above: Fantastic site, well run, friendly users, great advice, huge support and a great tool for finding out what is and isn't working on our road to fitness.
    Thanks to all
  • TheFangsKittie
    TheFangsKittie Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Woo to mfp team :)
  • ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    3 1/2 months working out steadily (but not counting cals) = 4 lbs lost.
    3 1/2 months working out steadily and using the super easy MFP to track cals = 32 lbs lost.

Thanks for what you do, MFP (and members).
  • judilockwood
    judilockwood Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Love this site too- helped me succeed when others didn't xx
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Also in for appreciation!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Yeah I do like the moderators because at least they'll listen to my appeals for strikes
  • LMJS
    LMJS Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    ^^ This - I totally agree that it has changed my life! It has given me the tools, the support network and the confidence to know that this time I really can achieve what I set out to do many times in the past.
    Thanks to the MFP professionals as well as all my MFP friends - I couldn't do it without you :flowerforyou:
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Appreciate also.

You can set your goal manually.

Based on percentages....I want to put in my own numbers.
  • KeViN_v2pt0
    KeViN_v2pt0 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I thought everyone here was mean?