No more Chicken Salad

Options
Made lunch today- and I did really well on calories for breakfeast (measured out my cereal, milk and fruit even).. thought I would make a chicken salad sandwich. I knew it would be a lot of calories.. but not over 700!!!!!!!!!!! I even used whole grain bread and measured out the mayo - but alas.. it used up like half of my calories left for the day and all i got was a lousy sandwhich to eat! I guess I need to get going for my walk or I need to find a dinner that's filling and less than 740 some calories i have left for the day. *sigh*

I am so amazed at how much calorie counting is opening my eyes! I read the labels on everything now and I am still completely shocked when I actually sit down and figure out how "bad" some of these things are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But then again I live in a household where my grandmother thinks her salad is healthy for you because it's got broccoli and apple it- nevermind the fact it's got bacon bits and is coated in mayo!

Replies

• mablesyrup
    mablesyrup Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Made lunch today- and I did really well on calories for breakfeast (measured out my cereal, milk and fruit even).. thought I would make a chicken salad sandwich. I knew it would be a lot of calories.. but not over 700!!!!!!!!!!! I even used whole grain bread and measured out the mayo - but alas.. it used up like half of my calories left for the day and all i got was a lousy sandwhich to eat! I guess I need to get going for my walk or I need to find a dinner that's filling and less than 740 some calories i have left for the day. *sigh*

I am so amazed at how much calorie counting is opening my eyes! I read the labels on everything now and I am still completely shocked when I actually sit down and figure out how "bad" some of these things are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But then again I live in a household where my grandmother thinks her salad is healthy for you because it's got broccoli and apple it- nevermind the fact it's got bacon bits and is coated in mayo!
  • monicayogima
    Options
    I know what you mean about opening your eyes to all the calories you eat. I will not eat until I find out how many calories I have left for the day. But I am loosing for the first time in a year.....yes I platued for a year. I didn't gain....but I didn't loose either.. Well I did gain 5 pounds after I stopped nursing my baby. But not any since then. Not until I started this web site and added everything up every day.........going out had been the hardest.
  • mablesyrup
    mablesyrup Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    ........going out had been the hardest.
    Oh I KNOW!!!!! In my family (ie my mom and sisters and bro etc) we always joke because we've noticed a trend that we always have food! We can't just have the family over to swim- it's always got to revolve around dinner or something- which is fine. Except a lot of times we find "silly" reasons to "celebrate" and end up going out to eat! I lost 50lbs a few years ago just from cutting out fast food. I'm slowly working on cutting it out now- The feeling of not WANTING it was amazing- the thought of fast food back then turned my stomach! It was great! So far I've limited myself to 2 fast food meals a week- but since tracking my calories- im ready to just end it completely- I just need to actually PLAN meals- instead of not planning and realizing in the morning on my drive that i'm starving and need to eat!
  • monicayogima
    Options
    OK i cook during the week but we go out on weekends and get take out.....but I look up the restaurant first and decide what I am going to get and see how many calories it is and what i am left for the day...I either look it up here or if I can't find it I look it up on this web site and add it to this web site...its been a big help with eating out.....http://www.dietfacts.com/list.asp?start=B:flowerforyou:
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Today I went on an hour and a half walk just so I could have pizza for dinner...:bigsmile:

I had a craving.