Coffee

Options
kayla_who
kayla_who Posts: 540 Member
I'm looking for ways to spice up my coffee without adding too many calories. I usually go for french vanilla creamer and a little bit of sugar, so it doesn't have to be too fancy. I just want something tasty. Ideas?

Replies

• cdanie13
    cdanie13 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I love flavored coffee creamers but like you said the calories are CRAZY. Try sweetened vanilla almond milk and a packet or 2 of splenda. That tastes pretty yummy to me.
  • kayla_who
    kayla_who Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I'll have to try that! I've never tasted almond milk so this will be a first
  • kristin_jade
    Options
    What are you ladies using (if any) as sugar alternatives? I bought truvia yesterday which claims to be a no calorie natural stevia sweetener but I didn't try it yet. Sugar is always my culprit in my nutrition logs.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Sugar free hot chocolate mix. Just a teaspoon or so for mocha flavor!
  • MorganBody
    Options
    Soy milk & cocoa powder,yummm!
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I prefer mine black and unsweetened, but I occasionally add coffee syrups for a bit of a change. I've also been trying out some flavoured coffees too.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    ...is delicious.

Try it with just the flavored creamer, you don't need sugar with those.
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I like vanilla almond milk with a cpl dashes of cinnamon
  • rbear713
    rbear713 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    current at home go to is fat free half n half and equal. Wawa has a fat free French vanilla creamer that needs no sugar and is YUMMO.

Read label on all the flavored creamers out there - Im bettin there will be a few that you will love - and as previously stated they don't need sugar! So pick your fav or lowest cals or whatever and ENJOY. There's a whole world of flavor out there!!
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    International Delight makes a liquid creamer called Hot For Cookie by Coldstone Creamery. Basically tastes like a chocolate chip cookie. Just make sure to keep it at the 1 tablespoon serving (1T=35 cals, 2g fat, 6g sugar)- it's definitely enough on it's own (no additional sugar needed). I usually brew 2 Keurig k-cups at a time on the 10oz setting (caramel drizzle or donut shop) and 1 tablespoon is more than enough to flavor it up nice- I sometimes even just use a 1/2 T for a stronger coffee flavor
  • Slaintegrl
    Slaintegrl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    What are you ladies using (if any) as sugar alternatives? I bought truvia yesterday which claims to be a no calorie natural stevia sweetener but I didn't try it yet. Sugar is always my culprit in my nutrition logs.
    I use just stevia - I think truvia has a chemical additive in it, but I like plain stevia just fine! Buy it all the time now, where I used to use Splenda.

To the OP, I sometimes use cinnamon along with my stevia and skim mile (1%) - don't know if anyone else mentioned cinnamon.
  • weethabest
    Options
    Califia Farms Vanilla Almond Milk (it is 50 calories for 1 cup! and I use 1/2 a cup) and 1 tablespoon of Agave sweetener =) my favorite!
  • litoria
    litoria Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I saw this idea on this very forum - pumpkin latte.
    make your regular black coffee, add unsweetened almond milk and a couple of tablespoons on pumpkin puree with spices.... I also add a teaspoon of coconut sugar.
    Damn its good. its so creamy! and regular coffee is now oh so boring. I've even converted a few friends...
  • Methinksabout
    Options
    I have sugarfree syrups from Monin at my desk - currently Caramel - love it! If I don't use that, I use Splenda as sugar alternative, I don't like the taste of normal sweetener much (only downside of Monin really) - only tried stevia once and i didn't like the aftertaste.. Splenda is just sweet without adding "sweetener" taste (or am I just too used to it by now?)
  • Leafy12
    Leafy12 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's pumpkin pie spice! Just a small shake in coffee or tea is great! For turkish coffee-style, add powdered cardamom too.
  • Vaermina
    Options
    My normal coffee regiment is 2 tbsp of evaporated milk (38 cal), 1 tbsp Splenda (0 cal), and 1 tsp of vanilla extract (12 calories) to one cup of coffee.
  • AZ_Gato
    AZ_Gato Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    If you're talking about just normal coffee with some creamer...it really isn't all that much. Considering how much pleasure I get out of my coffee, I'd rather skip out on some carb that's high in calories. Either that, or just knock out 50 or so pushups/situps and burn off your excess calories.
  • kristen2713
    kristen2713 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Sugar free hot chocolate mix. Just a teaspoon or so for mocha flavor!

THIS is my absolute FAVORITE when I need a treat...and the swiss miss one I use is only 15 cal for a teaspoon :bigsmile:
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    My coffee tastes delightful this way. One tablespoon of butter, followed by one tablespoon of flavored creamer, then one tablespoon of heavy cream. I also use liquid sweetener.
  • TemeraldMarie
    TemeraldMarie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Stevia and a splash of half and half.