Gained 4 lbs since October 14..I don't know how I did it :o(

Options
I keep reading that I need to burn more calories than I consume. I have a full-time job and 2 kids. I don't have time to burn more calories than I consume. How the heck does someone do that when they don't live at the gym?

I am 5'10, my last weigh-in in October was 225.00, today I weighed in at 229.00. On my lunch hour I either walk outside for 4 miles or I go to the gym and use the elliptical for 50 minutes at alternating levels between 2 & 4. I pretty much eat the same thing every day, except dinner will vary. I stopped logging my calories and exercise for most of October. I didn't change anything in my diet but I was only able to work out about 1 or 2 x's a week until about 2 weeks ago when I picked back up to working out almost everyday and logging all of my food.

I don't know how I gained 4lbs in a month ;o(

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Putting your stats into a calculator your BMR is 1820 which would be the calories needed for you to survive in a coma at your current weight. So in order to have gained 4 lbs you must be eating more than that a day. You don't have to burn off everything you eat through exercise, as I said you should be burning about 1820 by just existing.

You have to log your food in order to know what's going on. The other thing I noticed is logging almost 700 calories for 50 minutes on an elliptical seems pretty high if you planned to eat those back once you do start logging.