Changing things up..

Options
Hi everyone,
I have been on a no carb/vl carb diet for the last month. I've lost 16 pounds so far and it's been great, but there just isn't enough variety in the things I eat. (I've eaten so much salad, I feel like I'm going to throw up if I eat one more bite of it lol) so I have decided that next week I will start adding some healthy carbs( koshi cereal. Special K bars and chips, fruits..things like that). I was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers on how to do this without gaining any of the weight back that I've lost so far. Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you all in advance!

Replies

• cantfail
    cantfail Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Make sure the carbs you choose are high in fiber (not sure about the Special K) and watch the sugar. I am constantly reading labels to check the fiber and sugar in any processed stuff.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    If you increase your carbs you are very likely going to see a small increase on the scale, since carbs retain water. That's normal, and doesn't mean you've gained fat, so it's nothing to worry about. I think if you just get that in your head and accept it, you'll be fine. Increasing carbs (and keeping calories steady) won't make you gain any fat.