Re-Starting MFP After Pregnancy

Options
So....I am now the proud Mother of a 7 and a half month old baby girl and am ready to start losing weight....AGAIN! I had joined MFP for the first time about 2 years ago and had great success losing about 25 pounds in 4 months or so. Well I am pretty much back up to the weight I was the first time around after having my baby (175-178 lbs) I was down to 155 just before my pregnancy so this is a little depressing but I am determined to get back on track. Now my only real issue is I am still breastfeeding and really don't want to affect my breast milk production by drastically altering my diet (ie: the 1200 Cal/day program)

Are there any Moms out there with a similar situation who can give me some pointers? It would be greatly appreciated!! :) Looking to lose that 20-25 pounds again!

Replies

• nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    My kids are older now (4 and 6) But I'll gladly encourage you and help in any way!

Congrats on your new Baby!
  • luvslibby
    Options
    I was in the same boat with breast feeding, but unfortunately for me, I dried up at four months so the choice was made for me. This might be a good tool right now simply to make sure you're not going overboard in your eating to sustain your breast milk. Also it will help you keep track to make sure you're eating the best milk sustaining foods. My baby is going on 8 months so I am working on the same goals! I need some supportive friends on here, so please add me!
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am currently nursing my 4 month old daughter. I told mfp my goal was to lose .5 lbs and I always eat back my exercises cals. So far I haven't had any milk issues and I have been losing about 1-1.5 lbs a week. I also use MFP to track my micros (Vit a, c iron, calcium)

Feel free to add me!