5'4-5'6 people!:D

Options
I'm curious,how much do you weigh now & what are you eating to lose?

Replies

• sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I am 138 and wanting to be 125-130. I try to find my favorite things in lighter versions. I eat a lot of greens, and a lot of mediterranean foods. I love soups as well :)
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    It's honestly going to depend on how active you are what you can eat.

I'm 5'6 at 153 eating 1800 I don't eat back any exercise as I use a TDEE method and not the MFP one. I am netting probably around 1300-1600 depending on the day.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    5'6" and 201 currently. I eat pretty clean not 100% but I feel a lot better and I think it's helped me with cravings I should have had along the way.
  • powerpuffgirl66
    powerpuffgirl66 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    5'6" and 168. I was happy when I weighed 145/150 a couple years back. Although, I've definitely maintained more muscle this time around. We'll see.
  • TheFangsKittie
    TheFangsKittie Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 6 currently weigh 166 after losing 11lbs and am aiming for 133

PS I don't count calories I'm doing slimming world - no counting. I also occasionally fast for 24 hours (like today). I do log what I eat as I was curious how much I'd eat when not actually counting and it averages 1400 - 1600 per day and I'm comfortably losing 2lbs per week.
  • Dr_Gains
    Dr_Gains Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    im 5'6 160... I did weigh at one time 200 and no it wasnt muscle. I ate around 1900 cals per day at that time and did a 50/50 split of cardio and weights.
  • ajsimyan
    ajsimyan Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I am 141.2 pounds.. Goal weight would like to be 130, but I would take 135 at a smaller size. I eat average 1400-1600 calories daily to lose very little at a time. I am more focused on strength training.
  • tlwilker
    Options
    I am 5'5 and 186. I exercise at least 5 days a week with at least 30 minutes cardio and 2 days total body morning exercise for about 15 minutes. I have started to exercise more but my appetite is off the chain so I eat a lot more and crave more sugar. How do you avoid this?
  • ajsimyan
    Options
    I am 141.2 pounds.. Goal weight would like to be 130, but I would take 135 at a smaller size. I eat average 1400-1600 calories daily to lose very little at a time. I am more focused on strength training.

However I am losing but not very fast because I do believe I don't have much to lose.
  • Melionfire
    Melionfire Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I am 5,6' and currently weigh 202 pounds. My start weight was 220 at the beginning of October. My goal weight is anywhere between 150 and 160 depending on body fat %. Right now I eat in between 1400 and 1700 calories a day and I try to workout 5 to 6 times a week 30 to 60 minutes a time. I eat what I want in moderation but try my best to get as much protein and fibre in because it helps prevent binging. If I eat carbs I try to stick to whole grain and veggies but won't abstain from the occasional sandwich. I have lost steadily doing this and I feel this is a method I will be able to stick to and make a lifestyle.
  • ajsimyan
    Options
    what an encouragement...I have started to exercise more but my appetite is off the chain so I eat a lot more and crave more sugar. How do you avoid this?

I would suggest more protein in your day and fiber.. eat fruits for the sugar craving
  • ttknowles01
    ttknowles01 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and currently 192ish....dropped 12 lbs so far. I eat about 1700-2000 calories on my workout days and 1400 on my rest days. I workout 6 days a week for 30-60 minutes. I try to eat pretty healthy not to say that a cookie or something else won't make its way into my diary lol
  • pteryndactyl
    pteryndactyl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    5'6 and now maintaining at 119-120. Started at 135. When I was consistently losing I averaged around 1400-1700 with some splurge days.
  • kdwilcox1195
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and am currently 135lbs. I want to be 125. :)
  • SugarNextDoor
    Options
    I'm 5'6(168 cm) at 132(60 kg), looking to get down to 123 lbs(56 kg). Once I reach that goal, I'm going to really really start focusing on toning my body; now it's mainly losing fat. (I know it's dumb but I'm putting off lifting for as long as I can because it scares me, haha!) I try and stay around 1400 calories a day, sometimes I eat back what I lose from exercise but usually I try not to. I'm a HUGE sucker for sweets, so staying away from them is very hard for me, but I really try to eat clean and healthy as much as possible :)
  • kdwilcox1195
    Options
    I am 5'5 and overweight. I exercise at least 5 days a week with at least 30 minutes cardio and 2 days total body morning exercise for about 15 minutes. I have started to exercise more but my appetite is off the chain so I eat a lot more and crave more sugar. How do you avoid this?

For when you have those sweet cravings, try to find something really small but really sweet. Although it sounds odd, eating a few packets of sugar has actually stopped me from snacking before, because for a small amount of calories I get my sugar fix. :D or try eating a butterscotch or piece of gum or something like that, and at times when you know you snack a lot try to avoid the kitchen. Leave your house, go for a walk, something like that. Oh! Something that helps a lot is this trick. When you are hungry or want a snack, brush your teeth and set a timer for 15 minutes. If you still want it after the timer goes of, you can have it. Most of the time, you won't want it though!! :D
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5 and 186. I exercise at least 5 days a week with at least 30 minutes cardio and 2 days total body morning exercise for about 15 minutes. I have started to exercise more but my appetite is off the chain so I eat a lot more and crave more sugar. How do you avoid this?

I struggled with this when I first started...it just comes down to discipline and the occasional treat so you don't binge.
  • CMorning99
    CMorning99 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5.5" and currently about 136lbs and about 25%BF. I have my calories set at 1550 using TDEE-20%. I keep that high of a deficit b/c I dont entirely trust my calorie counting so I figure it averages out. I am going for 125-130lbs w/ 21-22%BF.

Would love some friends to help with these last 10lbs I have been fighting for nearly a year!
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options

I believe that cutting out complex carbs has helped diminish my sugar cravings.
  • janicebinva
    janicebinva Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    5'6", 161, aiming for 150-145. I avoid white carbs (bread, rice, potatoes), and load up on protein and veggies. Eggs for breakfast every day. I have blood sugar issues, so I have to eat something every few hours to avoid getting shaky. I eat too much sugar, which makes me want more sugar. I drink tea or coffee most days, but my blood sugar stays more even when I just don't use any caffeine at all.