Craving Tripple Cheeseburgers like Drugs

Options
I find myself actually craving triple cheeseburgers from wendys I have got in the car and started to drive to wendys before I even realized what I was doing, went back home without the cheeseburger to find the front door wide open and I really don't remember anything other than I really need that triple, what is wrong here, is this a mental problem, even when I am driving I must drive fast by wendys or I will find myself in the drive thur ordering before I know it, any helpful tips other than chaining myself in the house like a werewolf... help. I am actually needing 2 of them now HELP.

Replies

• TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Wow. Maybe make your own cheeseburgers at home where you have full control of what goes into them? use lean meats, smaller portions, etc to just get past that craving.
  • ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    If the craving is truly that strong, you likely need to seek professional help. Talk to your doctor or a therapist. Eating disorders aren't only reserved for under-eating.
  • smann1115
    smann1115 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Red Meat
    Not surprisingly, cravings for red meat usually indicate an iron deficiency. Often people crave burgers or steaks. Women of menstruation age are especially vulnerable to iron deficiencies. Eat more iron-rich beans and legumes, unsulphured prunes, figs, and other dried fruits. If you eat meat you can also choose lean, organic red meat like beef or bison as a source of iron. Just remember to keep meat consumption to within 15 percent of your total daily diet. Vitamin C helps with the absorption of iron, so take vitamin C alongside your iron-rich foods. Alternatively, eat citrus, red peppers, tomatoes, or berries which are high in vitamin C with your iron-rich foods.

Read more: http://www.care2.com/greenliving/what-your-cravings-mean.html#ixzz2l8GU0IIq
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Eat some fat like cheese or whole milk or bacon just to see if that will take the craving away. Sometimes forcing the denial is worst than the occasional splurge. And I mean occasional - like twice a year occasional. I've have found that many of my cravings have gone now that I actually eat fat as part of my diet.
  • DuckDynastyMakesMeLaugh
    Options
    So proud of you for heading back home without the cheeseburgers!:drinker: ....that's definitely a non-scale victory!

I pasted the following from a Nerd Fitness article...

1) Be aware of the Matrix. Start to recognize the situations that cause you to overeat, where they come from, how you felt before you started eating, and so on. Once you are aware of these scenarios and stimuli, it will be easier for you to start the next steps to fight back.

2) Change your habits NOW. If you drive home every day past a Burger King and you can’t help but stop for a Whopper Jr. with cheese, it’s time to pick a different way home. If you come home from work and immediately plop down on the couch while eating a bag of chips, instead come home and IMMEDIATELY go for a brisk walk outside. This is how you will start to break the rules and get out of the Matrix – NEW HEALTHY HABITS.

3) Re-condition your brain to recognize how much food is the “right amount.” Restaurants these days all give us meals that are twice the size they should be. You probably eat more calories per day than you realize too. Write down what you eat, check out how many calories are in the meals you’re used to eating and start training your brain to recognize how much food is right, and how much is too much.

Just because it’s in front of you doesn’t mean you need to eat it.

4) Focus your brain on the long term result, not the immediate pleasure. Yeah, eating a family-size bag of peanut M&Ms might make you feel good for half an hour, but you know deep down inside that long-term, this is a terrible idea. Instead of focusing on the immediate pleasure of those M&Ms, concentrate on how good you will feel later on that day from having not eaten them, or how you’ll feel when people start to ask “Hey, have you lost weight?”

I used to love fast food. Now, the thought of a greasy, overprocessed, low-quality cheeseburger made and frozen in a factory four months ago sounds absolutely disgusting to me. Create strong negative feelings towards these bad foods while embracing positive thoughts of NOT eating the bad foods, and those ‘chains’ that are holding you down will start to come loose.

5) Set rules that you WILL not break, removing emotion from the equation. Our brains and stomachs are tricky s.o.b.’s, and once you bring emotion into the equation, all bets are off. Before your head and heart get involved, set rules before going to a restaurant or heading to work for the day.

I don’t eat French fries. Not even one.
    I don’t drink soda. Nope.
    I don’t eat candy. I know eating one will lead to many more.
    I don’t eat while driving, only when sitting at a table.
    I don’t eat at my desk while working, only for lunch in the break room.
    When these rules are ingrained in your head, then your decision to avoid those foods will be easier because there’s no saying “oh just this one” because we know how quickly one fry, M&M, or potato skin can turn into the whole box/bag/plate. Set rules that cannot be broken under any circumstances. Once you’ve gotten your behavior under control you can start introducing some of these foods back into your meals in moderation, but not until you’re out of the Matrix.

6) Have support from those around you. Neo had Trinity, Morpheus, Tank, Apoc, and Switch to help him on his journey to One-dom. Who do you have helping you out on your quest to break free? If you live with friends, let them know that you need help – ask them not to bring home crappy foods or suggest unhealthy restaurants when going out. If you’re married with kids, work with your spouse to prepare good foods and set new habits with healthy cooking and healthy meals.

You can do it!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I agree with making one at home BUT sometimes when I want something that badly, if I just have it so I can move on with my life. I'd go for a single though. It'll probably do the trick.
  • summerroxygoodin
    summerroxygoodin Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I saw this post and was like " Oh boy! That sounds good." Then I realized....I'm beginning to love chicken a ton more than beef. we don't have a wendys here..:(
  • threehorses9
    threehorses9 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    WOW thanks so much I wish I had that will power not to eat unhealthly I am trying but it is so hard like not smoking or something you just feel sick if you don't eat then when you do you feel guilty and eat more out of depression no wonder I am so fat
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    I find myself actually craving triple cheeseburgers from wendys I have got in the car and started to drive to wendys before I even realized what I was doing, went back home without the cheeseburger to find the front door wide open and I really don't remember anything other than I really need that triple, what is wrong here, is this a mental problem, even when I am driving I must drive fast by wendys or I will find myself in the drive thur ordering before I know it, any helpful tips other than chaining myself in the house like a werewolf... help. I am actually needing 2 of them now HELP.

But why a triple cheeseburger ? Wouldn't a normal cheeseburger do , or three normal ones ?....just joking.
    I would probably eat a steak ( because I think you are craving red meat and not all the stuff that comes with a burger ) with a salad to get back to earth. It could easily fit into your daily calories, or if you go over it would be with more nutritious calories. If you have an iron deficiency the bread and french fries from the burger will not help. Just have a steak and maybe start taking a supplement to avoid another episode.
    Good Luck !

PS: I get something similar when I crave chicken and maybe twice a year I eat 3-4 pieces of chicken, get it over with and am fine for month on time. I started MFP on April 10th and since then I have been ok.
  • threehorses9
    Options
    I will try to get a single but it just wont fill you up I used to eat two triples at a time now I try to stay at only one, I find myself on wendys time they start serving burgers at 11:30 am and 11:31 am I am ordering my 2 triple burgers, now I don't even have to order they already know what I want... it is so sad...
  • glitzy196
    glitzy196 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    OK start small...
    open your diary or star logging

here is how you STOP at least fo me--look at how many calories something has and then decide if you are still ALL in

your burger has 1090 calories in it..so 2180 for your meal. my guess is that is about how many calories you should eat for the entire day.

a single has 580 so if you must have 2 because it is a quantity issue get 2 of those---every day for a week :) you are still eating half what you used to eat. next week get 2 without cheese, the week after that get 1 and a baked potato or something.
    OR find a new favorite food.

I happen to love taco bells buffalo grillers--and i'm not giving them up EVAAAAAAAAAAAAA. but they only have 350 calories in them and so i can fit it into a day no problem. PLUS that meals has to cost like what 10.00 ? every time you fight the urge go spend the 10.00 on something else.

IT is about learning to make better choices..but if you really like burgers..learn to make great ones at home. we are having trader joes turkey burgers tonight.
  • rdemarse
    rdemarse Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    What are your stats.....weight, height, daily calories, exercise so on, so forth.....It sounds like you may be very new to fitness and nutrition
  • notdieting
    notdieting Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Take 175g of lean ground beef, add one egg white, mix well and form into a patty. Add salt, pepper, garlic to taste. Cook to taste in one-cal spray oil

Fry 25g of red onion using one-cal spray oil

Fry 40g of bell pepper using one-cal spray oil

Grate 20g of strong half fat hard cheese (cheddar style)

Cook off two large flat mushroom in one-cal spray oil

Use the mushrooms as an alternative to a burger bun, stack all the ingredients between the two mushrooms, add a teaspoon each of tomato and onion relish and low fat mayonnaise.

An amazingly tasty and filling burger for around 360 calories.....really is good and about one sixth of the intake!!!
  • tdh115
    tdh115 Posts: 52
    Options
    Baby Steps..............I am not totally eliminating anything from my diet. Because I have learned that if I forbid it, I will later binge on it. So if you are used to eating 2 triple burgers, you are right one it not going to fill you up. But nothing says the burger needs to fill you. You can order a single and for a side get a large salad. The bulk of the salad will help fill you and the taste of the single burger should help your craving. My theory is to work on portion control, not "diet foods". However, if you do not feel you can go to Wendy's and order less, then it is probably best that you don't go to Wendy's at all.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm going to be the devil's advocate here.

If you want a cheeseburger, why not just buy one, log it in, and move on?

The cheeseburger is not bad in of itself. If you work your calories just right, 820 calories(or higher depending on how much meat you ask for) can be worked in.

For example, yesterday i was craving a rice, bean, and steak burrito on a whole wheat tortilla from my favorite Mexican restaurant. Around 775 calories. Took it home and added portioned chips and salsa from home too. I think the calories came to around 900 calories.

Logged it al in, did not go over my calorie goals, though I had to deal with water retention from all the sodium in that wonderful tasty burrito.

Just go have the cheeseburger. :smile:
  • lilli5150
    lilli5150 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    When it comes to burgers, hot dogs, steaks, burritos etc etc, they are NOT meant to be your entire meal. That how folks end up going over on their calories. It's easier not to think about it, and just drive through, get your meal and call it a day. But food isn't meant to be like that. Eat from a plate, fill that plate with more veggies and healthy sides instead of meat and carbs, and you'll find that in time, that burger will be that special occasional treat that is satisfying.

The hardest thing for me has been portion control. I have a feeling it's the same for you too. Just hang in there, these are some of the things I've done to successfully change my habits.

- Shop my local grocery store's produce section often and not being scared to try new things
    - Not being afraid to try new recipes, or to make my own lower cal versions of my favorite fast food.
    - Try to NEVER feel like I'm starving... because then I will go through that drive thru on the way home. I'm eating (healthy) through out the day, planning all my meals ahead of time, so I have the energy to say no to that drive thru at the end of the day.
    - Log and keep track of every bite or sip I take.
    - Listen to my tummy. My brain may scream "YOU NEED THAT BURGER" but I stop and ask myself if I'm even really hungry. I find that most the time, my mind is trying to sabotage me.

Like someone said earlier, start off small... Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither will your healthier eating habits. Plan that hamburger, make it special and occasional. And down the road, you may find that you don't even have that craving anymore.
  • threehorses9
    Options
    Thanks Yall Ill try hard... Good Tips and info...
    threehorses
  • hollyanne572
    hollyanne572 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Fat-police-jacket_zps77490415.jpg