Just a helper for the new folks

I've been scanning for the forums for a while and find good and bad advice, like anything. Dropped over 60 lbs myself and i'll provide a couple tips that worked for me.
- Hit the gym or exercise (vital). When I started I wasn't going at all, now I try to go a few times a week, even for 20 minutes.
- Use a weight loss site like this to count calories. The trick, don't scam. Eat foods you can get the nutriotional info for. Many will eat thinking they know the caloric count.
- Do not use quick fixes...cleansing products, pills, or stimulants. All will shed pounds fast, but give you the bonus of slapping it right back on after your done the trick. Plus the place you buy them from will love you for the money you'll give them.
- Don't be critical of yourself/want to change immediately. Be happy with whatever results happen, 1 pound lost is better then none.
- Do it natural...the best and most lasting weightloss is done naturally, allowing your body and you to adjust to your new body.

Replies

• I've been scanning for the forums for a while and find good and bad advice, like anything. Dropped over 60 lbs myself and i'll provide a couple tips that worked for me.
    - Hit the gym or exercise (vital). When I started I wasn't going at all, now I try to go a few times a week, even for 20 minutes.
    - Use a weight loss site like this to count calories. The trick, don't scam. Eat foods you can get the nutriotional info for. Many will eat thinking they know the caloric count.
    - Do not use quick fixes...cleansing products, pills, or stimulants. All will shed pounds fast, but give you the bonus of slapping it right back on after your done the trick. Plus the place you buy them from will love you for the money you'll give them.
    - Don't be critical of yourself/want to change immediately. Be happy with whatever results happen, 1 pound lost is better then none.
    - Do it natural...the best and most lasting weightloss is done naturally, allowing your body and you to adjust to your new body.
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    :happy:
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Amen !!
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    PERFECT:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • THere is just so much info going around, i'm a simple person and wanted life long change...Real exercise and a real meal plan (no fads) works best....motivation is the real killer to get!
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Unfortunately, slow and steady is really the way to go! The fads never work. Bummer, because I just saw an infomercial where you hooked up an electronic thing to your stomach and it burned fat while you sleep or watch TV. You mean that won't really work??? :laugh:
  • might be entertaining to see someone sleep with one on!
  • neome90
    neome90 Posts: 420
    Congratulations on your weight loss. I have been here 3 weeks and have managed to lose 6 pounds. I am so jazzed.......but not unrealistic. Thank you for the good advise. :drinker: