Carb overload - looking for feedback

Options
Hi everyone, I am looking for feedback regarding carb intake.

I always go over my daily limit, sometime by 100! I mostly eat fruit and veggies and a half cup of oatmeal for breakfast. I always have a huge salad with tuna for lunch. And usually for dinner a veggie, hard boiled eggs, and fruit for dessert. I always try and hit my protien goal for the day, but I am really struggling with my carbs.

My question is, will it really effect my weight loss if I eat the exces carbs? I never go over my daily calorie intake, eat very healthy, and workout for at least one hour everyday. I have already lost 30 pounds and now just need to lose the last 10 pounds and I am worried that if I have to limit my carbs, it will not be a realistic change for my to stick with long term.

Another factor, I live in Costa Rica and have an abundance of fresh fruit and veggies available, which is what my diet is mostly made up of.

Any advice is helpful! I am hoping that if I just continue to focus on eating healthy and working out and always staying within my calorie range, that the carb intake will not be such a factor. :):flowerforyou:

Replies

• psych0kitty
    Options
    You're fine. Carbs don't cause weight gain or inhibit weight loss on their own.
  • thegilly6
    thegilly6 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    While I don't advocate going over the limits on your macros, I am extremely sloppy about them. Over the past 8 months I've placed my focus on calories and burning them through exercise. In 7 months I reached my goal of losing 45 lbs and am now maintaining. I don't have sugar, sodium, blood pressure or cholesterol isuues of any kind that require me to watch them closely. This is just me. I'm not buying or selling.
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    You're carbs are too high simply because your fat is too low. 10g - 20g of fat a day is not enough! You should look at your fat and protein goals as minimums and strive to reach those numbers everyday.

Can you work some butter, coconut oil, avocado, or meat (since your protein is often low too) into your diet? Most people find protein and fat to be more satiating than carbs so you should be fine as far as hunger goes even if the volume of food you're eating ends up being less.