Protein - Whats the most you have gone over

CatRodger
CatRodger Posts: 105
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Looks like I will be about 73 over my allowance of 57, as ive got a prawn salad for lunch which actually gives me my 57 allowance in one meal, then for dinner im having weight watchers chicken wraps.

Ive fruit as snacks through-out the day, im sure they are healthy proteins and my Carbs Fat and Calories are all under there targets.

Replies

• leix
    leix Posts: 176
    most protein 130g.

from what ive read protein set low on here & more protein the better.
  • fitbot
    fitbot Posts: 406
    I have always eaten a diet way too low in protein and this caused some problems in the long run... i notice that now when i overload on protein it stops my cravings for sugar and sweets. :)
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    most protein 130g.

from what ive read protein set low on here & more protein the better.

You're correct. I changed the goal setting for more protein and still routinely go over. I've eaten over 250 grams in a day. Granted, I'm a 220 lb farely active man.
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    The protein limit here is low. Some diets require you to eat protein with every meal, because it takes longer to digest or something. I find that, when I exceed my protein limit (as stated on this site), I have a lot more energy. I tend not to eat enough of it though, so rather than worry, I am pleased when my protein goes into the red on my food page. I'm really not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing, but I'd say if you're having lean protein rather than starchy veggies or carbs, you're probably safe.
  • Julbella78
    Julbella78 Posts: 161 Member
    I had a dietitian tell me to consume at least 25g of protein per meal. It helps keep you fuller longer.
This discussion has been closed.