Do Birthcontrol Pills Slow Weight Loss???

Options
I know kind of a stupid question....but after 30 days of eating right & excersicing i have YET to still see that scale move!!!!!

Could my birthcontrol pills be the culprit for it coming off so slowly???
Anyone else have this problem??

DONT Want Babies But I DO Want Weight Loss!! lol

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Could be the BC pills. Could be that you're eating too much. Your exercise calories are really high - if you're eating back calories you'll want to be sure those are accurate. Also be sure you're weighing and measuring all your food. But yes - if you're accurate with your logging and nothing is amiss there it can be the BC that is slowing the loss.
  • emilyisbonkers
    emilyisbonkers Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I started bc at the start of my diet, and i've had no issues..
    however implanon made me gain loads of weight :(
  • ThirdEyeOpen
    Options
    Could be the BC pills. Could be that you're eating too much. Your exercise calories are really high - if you're eating back calories you'll want to be sure those are accurate. Also be sure you're weighing and measuring all your food. But yes - if you're accurate with your logging and nothing is amiss there it can be the BC that is slowing the loss.

I just barely started trying to eat MORE because i was barely hitting 1200 calories...so iv been trying to up my calories. As for my exercise...if i go hard on a circuit training program on the elliptical that measures my heart rate...if im on it for an hour i can burn up to 700 calories. and if i go for an uphill run on my lunch break as well that day it can raise my excersice calories for the day up to 800 calories. it fluctuates depending on what i am doing.

but ya im not too sure whats going on. im logging my food by actually scanning the barcodes on the back to ensure accuracy and i have yet to see anything. so im not too sure whats going on :-(

maybe my carbs are too high??!!! MFP tells me to eat almost 200 carbs but that cant be right so i try and keep them low. but im not trying to give up..its just very discouraging to have nothing to show for 30 days of hard work
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of older threads on here that you can find through the search that can give you a lot of insight as to what a lot of other people report while using BC. I have had a mirena since 2011 and found that it has had no effect on my weight. Good luck! :smile:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Depends which hormonal BC and it depends who you ask. I didn't notice it with the pill (back in the 90s), but my roommate on the same pill did. However, when I switched to Mirena I did (along with a number of God awful side effects. Affects everyone differently, I guess.