So sick of all the different information!

Options
I am 5'5, 21 years old, a little less than 250 ibs, and my calories are set to 1570. I picked those calories based on an average of many online calorie calculators. I don't work out much (its a goal), and I don't go to work on a perfectly weekly basis, some weeks I'll work 24 hours while others I'll work 12 while others I'll work 32. It depends. So I put my calorie amount as if I was never getting any exercise. If I do work out, as in a planned work out, I will eat back the calories if I have to. Or if I know I'm going to go over my calories I'll try to burn some off to keep myself under. This seems so simple to me. Am I not doing this right? You guys over complicate things in my opinion. But I think I'm doing this right.

Replies

• cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me :)
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Yes, from what you say, you are doing it correctly.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    The MFP method overcomplicates things. But it's free and it's on a website with a kick-*kitten* foods database so people seem to use it.

If MFP told people how it really is-- eat less than you burn, period-- people would lose the weight and move on, not get stuck here asking questions about netting and starvation mode and if you 'really ate 1600' if you did a workout that day.
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Eat fewer calories than you use? Could it really be that simple? :noway:

Yep, it really is that simple. :drinker: