Which name do you prefer? Clara, Chloe, or Ada?

We're getting ready to foster a dog. She's nameless. My two fav girls names are Clara and Ada. But we also had a beagle (RIP) named Chloe. So wondering what's the best?

Replies

• Moosycakes
    Moosycakes Posts: 258 Member
    Clara is a lovely name :)

Chloe is a beautiful name too, but it's probably best to establish the new dog as a separate person from your old dog so you can give proper respect to Chloe and not get mixed up about which one you're talking about :)
  • thinfitfabulous
    thinfitfabulous Posts: 84 Member
    my name is Chloe ! haha, love it
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Clara
  • AlliecoreXX
    AlliecoreXX Posts: 78 Member
    True story: I knew some extremely old women who were sisters. Their names were.......drumrolls, please......Clara and Ada. Ada was ferociously grouchy and treated Clara like crap. Clara was like a doormat, sweet as a kitten but seriously needed to up her spunk level by a few thousand notches.

The moral of the story is....I like Chloe. ;)
  • I love the name Chloe .
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    Clara or Chloe both are cute :)
  • Pinkee33
    Pinkee33 Posts: 769 Member
    Chloe by far :bigsmile:
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    I thought you were going to ask for a baby!

For the puppy Clara sounds nice, cause it will throw people off.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Chloe.
  • healthykae
    healthykae Posts: 190 Member
    Clara - most feminine, hands down
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Chloe. Name her Chloe so that Chloe's spirit lives in the newly rescued pup :)
  • SmileCozYouCan
    SmileCozYouCan Posts: 315 Member
    I love Clara :)
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    I love the name Clara but for a dog, Chloe seems to fit better.
  • dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    My thing is...the dog knows her name. Call her by each of the names & see what "fits" and/or which she answers to.

When my current girl adopted her way into this family, she came with the name "Belly" which I told the shelter was changing as soon as I signed the papers. On the way home, with her in my arms, I tried a few different names. 1 of the names was "Carmel" due to her coloring. My youngest son said I couldn't call her that because he "would get hungry every time we would call the dog!" Since it was evident by this time I would not have a girl, I busted out my favorite girl names. "Katie" just didn't fit. I said "Emma" and she looked up at me. "Emma" it was.

Personally, I like Clara, but I kinda like older names. If she doesn't take to any of those 3, though, keep trying. Her name is out there. You just have to find it. Good luck, and let us know!
  • RN514
    RN514 Posts: 1,107 Member
    I like Clara :)
  • Amadbro
    Amadbro Posts: 750 Member
    Chloa
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    I love love love Chloe as a name.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    She should have her own name, so not Chloe. I agree that Clara is a nice name. Go w Clara.
    I thought you were going to ask for a baby!
    Me, too. :laugh:
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    I would've said Chloe but you had one named Chloe already, I would go with Clara. Post pictures when you get her! (p.s. Ada was my nana's name ha)
  • kayla_who
    kayla_who Posts: 540 Member
    All Whovians will vote Clara! :)