Contemplating a Nutritional cleanse

Options
Ok, I have been struggling with these last 15-20 pounds (stuck at 150) I have had the motivation nor the energy to workout and my eating habits are crap. I had casually asked a question on Facebook about Isagenics and now i'm thinking i may try it to kick start my motivation. Has anyone here used it? would you recommend it? mainly is it worth it at a 9 day or 30 day?

Replies

• Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Ok, I have been struggling with these last 15-20 pounds (stuck at 150) I have had the motivation nor the energy to workout and my eating habits are crap. I had casually asked a question on Facebook about Isagenics and now i'm thinking i may try it to kick start my motivation. Has anyone here used it? would you recommend it? mainly is it worth it at a 9 day or 30 day?

Try reading a motivational book, or type in "motivational speech" on youtube... youtube Eric Tomas also.

You need to find the energy to work out pretty much so suck it up
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    the only thing a cleanse will do is cleanse the money from your wallet
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    No. A "cleanse" isn't going to do anyone except help you drop a bunch of water weight (which will come back on after you stop) and make you feel like crap.

What I don't understand is....if you can do some crappy cleanse for 30 days, why can't you just eat a little less?? I would think it's easier to eat a bit less normal food than it would be to have nothing but juice, shakes, soups or whatever.
  • lessfatmatt
    lessfatmatt Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Isagenix and similar "cleanses" are absolute nonsense, sorry. Don't waste your money.

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/isagenix-study-is-not-convincing/
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    why not a calorie deficit and a little exercise?
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    9665929356_9ee19f5793_z.jpg
  • LKuderna
    LKuderna Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    :smile: I would really like to encourage you because of my own experience. You will have the energy to work out, and believe it or not, you will have more energy for the rest of your day if you work out! I couldn't believe it either! But the key is to find a form of exercise you enjoy and if you need to join a gym or health club, it is completely worth it because of the support you get there. Several of my friends at work are on the Isagenix, and seem to be doing well, not sure if it's the system (not for me, I need real food)or the support from their leader, but it's definitely very motivating for them. Some of them are on MFP as well, and all of us support one another.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    If you're addicted to food then a cleanse might help you kick bad habits otherwise there really is no functional reason to "cleanse." The function of the liver, kidneys, and other organs is to do that already with ample water. Motivation isn't something you can have someone give you. You have to produce it yourself... otherwise it's just a temporary band aid.
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Ah, motivation. That's something I don't have a lot of either. That's why I eat junk food and don't exercise. I still wanted to lose weight though, so I counted calories and made sure I ate 1200-1350 calories of junk food each day. Worked like a charm! :drinker:
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Motivation is fickle. What works is just getting up every day and doing what you need to do to succeed. After a while, it becomes a habit to eat well and exercise regularly. That is what sticks. Anything else is just something shiny that will distract you from what really works.

Good luck.
  • sunnshhiine
    sunnshhiine Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    the only thing a cleanse will do is cleanse the money from your wallet

THIS.
  • sunnshhiine
    sunnshhiine Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    You could just do a water fast? Save your money. I did a 10 day water fast, if i needed to eat something I snacked on fresh raw fruit and veggies that's it, and drank LOTS of water with lemon, and took a daily multi-vitamin. I lost 7lbs, and it was easier for me to get back into my routine of eating healthy and working out because I had lots more energy.

This does not sound pleasant at all...
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    You could just do a water fast? Save your money. I did a 10 day water fast, if i needed to eat something I snacked on fresh raw fruit and veggies that's it, and drank LOTS of water with lemon, and took a daily multi-vitamin. I lost 7lbs, and it was easier for me to get back into my routine of eating healthy and working out because I had lots more energy.

Please don't go spreading this nonsense.

Where's the Tina Fey "Oh brother" gif when you need it...