I'm actually scared.. first day back.

Options
Hey,

So I made a new account to start fresh and actually do it this time! Tired of the back rolls and flappy wings. I'm only 19 and 115kg! Seriously this needs to end now before its impossible to lose.

But its my first day back, I've only eaten breakfast and its 10.22 (I ate at 8am) and now I'm hungry and scared to eat.

:'/

Replies

• helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Hi Welcome back. Presume you in the UK (re time)

Don't be scared to eat! Get a big bottle of water and some fruit/snack to put you on until lunch.

What you having for lunch, anything nice?
  • InvisibleBra
    Options
    Hi Welcome back. Presume you in the UK (re time)

Don't be scared to eat! Get a big bottle of water and some fruit/snack to put you on until lunch.

What you having for lunch, anything nice?

Yeah, I'm from the UK and okay I'll get some water I don't think I have fruit or anything near healthy :sad:

I'm planning to have pasta and sauce for lunch (the packet one) as I'm poor and that's all I have :frown:
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    If you're hungry, maybe factor in some snacks. I eat between 6-7 on a normal working day, and then I have a snack at 10:30. In fact I have just finished one! Then I will go on til lunch, another snack at 15:30 and then dinner around 6. And maybe an evening snack. If you are feeling too hungry and don't think you'll make it, just factor in a small snack such as fruit or a yoghurt.
  • an8e
    an8e Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    I've been struggling with the same thing: my suggestion is to have a protein rich breakfast to keep full for longer ;)
  • an8e
    an8e Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I tried it for the first time today and made it through!
  • dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    You should add protein to your lunch or you'll end up hungry again within 1.5-2jrs after you eat. Good luck!
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I used to eat lots of pasta and sauce but add a good cup of frozen mixed veg too (about £1 from iceland). Just cook them together.

I usually have a biscuit each morning with my coffee and just fit it in my calories.

Its always hard to get back started and keep stating and stopping .....!
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    I ate my sandwiches at 10.15am :) but I'm just craaaaaazy. I have 2 bananas and 2 satsumas to get me through to 5pm, oh and a bit of water obviously.
  • hastingsmassage
    hastingsmassage Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I am having breakfast now, eating slowly, crackers with salmon :) I lost 120 lbs and got so tired, closed account ...3 days later came back for another 20 lbs:) We all have bad mornings and moods I guess. Try to eat some fruits when you hungry.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I find a lot of people scared to eat are those who: 1) are unaware of how many calories they need to eat to maintain their present, heaviest weight and 2) greatly underestimate this total caloric amount. With that said, it may benefit you to weigh all food and drinks with a digital scale and log everything into MFP. By knowing exactly how much you can eat to maintain your weight, you could alleviate any anxiety you have over consuming a perceived large amount of calories and develop a healthier relationship with food in general.
  • squiguk
    squiguk Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Don't be scared to eat! The worst thing you can do is starve yourself as then its more likely you will binge later and feel worse about it.

It's hard when you're on a tight budget but the frozen veg thing is a really good idea to bulk out meals. For snacks you could try:
    -eggs are cheap and fill you up
    -carrot sticks and hummous
    -bananas and a dollop of greek yoghurt
    -oatcakes and hummous (oatcakes are quite dense so are more satisfying than ryvitas I think)
    -brazil nuts
    -make a big batch of fruit salad that you can make into portions

I think if you plan your meals and snacks and know how many calories they contain it will help with the fear of being hungry/eating bad stuff . You just need to find what works for you.

Good luck! x
  • p4ulmiller
    p4ulmiller Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    But its my first day back, I've only eaten breakfast and its 10.22 (I ate at 8am) and now I'm hungry and scared to eat.

Fundamentally, you have a confused relationship with food.

Eat what you like, when you like, provided you stay within your daily calorie limit. Track everything, weight everything and do it ahead if it feels all confusing. Put your teatime pasta in now, and see what you've got left to take you up to that point.

If you need more calories, schedule in a nice walk at lunchtime (bit cold I know).

At the moment, it's baby steps and that means counting calories. Don't worry about macronutrients yet, just eat what you want up to the magic daily limit number.
  • MoJokes
    MoJokes Posts: 691
    Options
    I agree with the above, baby steps are key.
    For example with me I used to eat 10-15 chocolate bars a week, so i cut it down to say 10, then 5 and now a couple.
    Don't rush in, if your body is hungry feed it.