Pot Roast Quantity

JennaGermain
JennaGermain Posts: 71
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Since I don't carry a scale with me or whatever, can anyone tell me what this would count as?

I went to my Mom's for dinner yesterday (to cheer me up after bad news at the dentist) and I had roast beef. I had 3 pieces that were 2 inches x 3 inches by 1/4 inch thick. I have no idea how many ounces that would be nor how to convert it into ounces.

Replies

• lucifa73
    lucifa73 Posts: 110
    They were about the size of your palm then? I would think that'd be 300g or so which is about 10z

Was it dry roast or pot roast? What you won't be able to guage is how much fat/salt/other seasoning was used in the cooking...
  • It was a dry roast.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    I have always been told that for meat, 4oz would be about the size of a deck of cards. I have also read that your body will only process 4-5 oz of lean meat properly at a time, and that any more than that would be stored as fat. I can tell when I eat beef my body "stops up" at more than 3 oz in a day, but I can eat chicken, fish and seafood at every meal and not have that problem.
  • lucifa73
    lucifa73 Posts: 110
    Sorry - I'm a doofus - misread the thickness as 1/2 inch!

I think you've eaten around 5oz which in the counter is 150cals (home made roast beef) so long as it was lean.
This discussion has been closed.