How much protein

Options
I am 5'8 and 119lbs and my calorie intake is 2000 a day I am looking in bulking so how much protein a day should I take if I lift weights for an hour every second day ?

Replies

• Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    120+ grams of protein and a minimum of 50 grams of fat. Fill the rest with carbs.
  • _AwesomeSauce_
    Options
    120+ grams of protein and a minimum of 50 grams of fat. Fill the rest with carbs.

I agree, also, don't forget to include additional fiber, otherwise, when you go to the bathroom (#2), you'd swear you're passing a studded football sideways. I know, it happened to me once. Only once.
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options

^ I agree.

..and you should eat keep to these macros everyday, regardless if you're lifting that day or not.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

I agree, also, don't forget to include additional fiber, otherwise, when you go to the bathroom (#2), you'd swear you're passing a studded football sideways. I know, it happened to me once. Only once.

LOL when I doubled protein for a change in diet- holy chit.

it was bad.

I just upped my fat- to balance out and haven't had problems since. I eat a lot of veggies- but I never seek out fiber- ever.