Going over on fiber and protein ?

bkay33
bkay33 Posts: 3 Member
edited September 21 in Food and Nutrition
Some days i go over on fiber and protein ...... is there such thing as to much??? this might sound silly but i am new to counting calories.

: )

Replies

• sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    MFP is very low on fiber and protein. I eat 110 grams a day of protein and 45 grams of fiber. Its fine. You NEED about 30 grams of fiber a day and you should be eating at least half your weight in protein every day, more if you do a lot of exercise bc your muscles need the protein.
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Ditto on the fiber being too low on here. 30g is a good goal. Plus, fiber doesn't count into calories since you can't metabolize it.

I also think the protein setting is too low. I generally aim for around .6g protein/lb, which jives with the PP. When I hit weights harder and am trying to get more muscle, I'll up my protein for that to around 1g protein/lb. But that's all preference and knowing what I personally need.

Some of this is also listening to your body. If you don't feel satisfied or feel "off," adjust things. Some people can't handle high levels of protein, for various reasons. I learned I'm a fatty protein person. If I do lean protein or more carbs, I don't feel well. So I strongly emphasize paying attention to your body in trying the things people suggest here. :)
  • both fiber and protein are good to go over! as already mentioned MFP is pretty low in that area! good job!
  • rolandhulme
    rolandhulme Posts: 148 Member
    Hey guys - you can adjust your 'totals' to match your ideal intake in the 'tools' section. My MFP now tracks me to an ideal 200 grams of protein a day and 30 grams of fiber.

I swear, if there's one thing that's helped me lose weight it's upping my fiber. I feel so much better because of it.
  • I am so glad someone asked this question - I've been wondering about it myself!
This discussion has been closed.