Best yoga dvds/videos?

Options
I wanna try incorporating yoga in my life. I cant afford to go to a class due to time constraints but I really do wanna start learning it. Can you guys suggest anything for a beginner?

Replies

• helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian Michaels and she has a yoga DVD. I have tried it yet though but that's the one I would try.
    1025367 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Look on the Gaiam website. Rodney Yee is the best, and he does some really good beginners yoga!
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I love the P90X yoga routine. But you can probably find some great ones for beginners on youtube for free!
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Youtube: BeFit, EFit, Sarah Beth, Tara Stiles, Sadie Nardini

Websites: www.doyogawithme.com

Dvd's: Jillian Michals, Gaiam, Rodney Lee
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Look on the Gaiam website. Rodney Yee is the best, and he does some really good beginners yoga!

Agreed. Rodney Yee has some great cues that really help you get the Asanas right.

I would avoid "celebrity trainer" rubbish like Bob Harper and Jillian. Stick with guys like Rodney who are recognised Yoga teachers.
  • JAyers27
    JAyers27 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I like Rodney Yee also. I got his Yoga Burn DVD from Target but I think WalMart has them too.
  • Itsbhoney
    Options
    I really love Yogaology, Jennifer Anisten's yoga coach. I bought mine off Amazon.com cheap!!! Good luck! :)
    Becca
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options

I would avoid "celebrity trainer" rubbish like Bob Harper and Jillian. Stick with guys like Rodney who are recognised Yoga teachers.

I agree with this. That said, you can check your library or free podcasts. Patricia Walden has a beginners dvd as well. She is well respected in the yoga community.

Most studios offer the first class free, so you could take a few classes around town to get a feel for what a class is like - and all of them are different.
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I second the www.doyogawithme.com suggestion.
  • lcyama
    lcyama Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Most studios offer the first class free, so you could take a few classes around town to get a feel for what a class is like - and all of them are different.

i would be afraid to learn yoga from a dvd. when you go in person the teacher can give you adjustments and modifications. you might be able to find some community yoga classes -- either free or for a small donation.
  • Treadmillmom1st
    Treadmillmom1st Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    bump
  • fayeriston
    fayeriston Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • HarrietSabre
    HarrietSabre Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    It's Pilates, but www.blogilates.com saved my life.
  • PhoenixRising7
    PhoenixRising7 Posts: 194 Member
    Options

Definitely agree! If you can't do a class, try picking up some of Rodney's DVDs. He is wonderful!
  • lauraspberry
    lauraspberry Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys for your help! I would check each and every one of your suggestions :flowerforyou:

I said I can't afford to go due to TIME constraints not because of the fees but thanks for your inputs as well.