Tips for exercising

Options
I'm beginning my journey to becoming fit and I currently own Hip Hop Abs and Zumba. My goal is to lose 70 or more pounds by August 2014. What are some other tips that anyone can offer to help me achieve my goals? You're help is greatly apreciated!

Replies

• Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Stay at a calorie deficit, weight everything and log everyday. Be honest with your logs, don't omit to log anything thinking that it won't impact your day that much. Eat enough to fuel your workouts
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Stay at a calorie deficit, weight everything and log everyday. Be honest with your logs, don't omit to log anything thinking that it won't impact your day that much. Eat enough to fuel your workouts

+1000
    Most important part of weight loss.

I would encourage doing some form of weight training....
    build and develop your muscles, it will benefit you in your goals.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    Be honest with yourself. Don't make excuses or find reasons to justify why you didn't make your daily goal. Biggest one of all...................stay consistent.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Just do it.

Seriously. Make yourself a robot about doing the workouts and the food stuff- train yourself to just DO what you want to do.

Don't make excuses- make few exceptions- but once you make a plan- stick to it and don't "cut yourself some slack for being good- or on vacation- or at a party or whatever"

just do it.

:)
    Diet is the first priority
    workout's for general wellness.

no secrets- just hard work and dedication- you can do it. I promise.