Goal Setting

Options
Hi all and thanks for reading this...

Having recently joined a gym, part of my induction was to set mini goals to help me reach my overall target. To break the daunting ultimate goal into more achievable 'bite' size pieces, so to speak.

The first goal my instructor has set me is to drop a dress size by the time of my office xmas party - that's only 4 weeks away!! I'm assured this is more than achievable, without having to starve myself. I remain sceptical. :O)

Has anyone else set them self goals? If so, what? If you've already achieved a goal or two (more even), what kept you on track and helped you through those tough moments?

Would love to hear from you.

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Hi

I always try to set SMART goals

Specific
    Measureable
    Accurate
    Realistic
    Timebound

whatever you set, try to make it achievable within four weeks
  • rhoucheille
    Options
    I set mini goals for myself. I started with 10lbs to lose, then I bought a new pair of training shoes. 2nd mini goal is 15lbs to lose from SW, if that happens by Nov 30 I'm gonna get a decent Heart Rate Monitor watch for easy tracking. Basically, I set my mini goals with stuffs that will help motivate myself to burn calories and shed those pounds. :)
  • Jaxamour
    Options
    rhoucheille - I'd thought of giving myself little rewards at the end of it - seems such an obvious thing to do. I love the fact that your rewards also tie in with your weight loss/fitness. Brilliant way to stop the build up of keep fit equipment that never gets used, because this way, you've extra hard in order to get it.

Going to have to give that idea a go. Good luck with you current goal - I have no doubt that you'll achieve it - you sound very determined.

socioseguro - SMART goals... I'm smacking my head at this one! Everyday I'm surrounded by this as it's something my company strongly believes in.

I'm thinking I might reward myself with a new work out outfit when I reach my first goal - something a bit more flashy than the plain old black I have now. That way, I'll look forward to putting it on :O)