what's the healthiest cereal that tastes good?

Options

Replies

• zombieyoshi
    Options
    I like "Great Grains". They've got quite a few different flavors, my favorite so far is the raisin, dates and pecans one- I like to sprinkle cinnamon on it. Or if you are looking for low-cal special- k cereal is good, but I think it might have more unnatural ingredients. I tried kashi once, and it was terrible! There's this organic cereal I've been meaning to try too.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    You're favorite that you don't eat to much of.
  • gmthisfeller
    gmthisfeller Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Healthiest? I dunno. I suspect you will get lots of...er...suggestions.

I particularly like: Nature's Path Organic - Heritage Flakes Ancient Grains - Kamut - Khorasan Wheat - Oats - Spelt - Barley - Millet & Quinoa
  • san0322
    san0322 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I like "Great Grains". They've got quite a few different flavors, my favorite so far is the raisin, dates and pecans one- I like to sprinkle cinnamon on it. Or if you are looking for low-cal special- k cereal is good, but I think it might have more unnatural ingredients. I tried kashi once, and it was terrible! There's this organic cereal I've been meaning to try too.

I love this cereal. However, who really eats only one serving of it? (or one serving of any cereal for that matter?) I could easily down half a box of this stuff.
  • AMHouse85
    AMHouse85 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I really like Better Oats oatmeal. Convenient serving size pouches(with measuring line for water), lots of tasty flavors, not a whole lot extra on the ingredient list. I keep a couple in my purse so I can always make a healthy choice.
  • heylookitsval
    heylookitsval Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    I like Kashi Go Lean...it has 10G of fiber, 13g of protein, and only 1g of fat per serving.
  • Bing30
    Bing30 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Scotts Porage Oats!
  • echofm1
    echofm1 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I go for Honey Nut Cheerios, mainly because they seem to be one of the lowest calorie cereals so I can eat more in the morning. I think it's like 110 calories per cup.
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    There is a cereal from Trader Joe's that I love, it's 9 grain honey almond crunch. For one cup it's 190 calories and 9 grams of protein, and very filling. I also eat a lot of oatmeal. I add eggs or egg whites for extra protein.
  • heylookitsval
    heylookitsval Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
  • star5785
    star5785 Posts: 140
    Options
    Raisin Nut Bran...but I really don't know how healthy it is
  • CheeksBryant
    CheeksBryant Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    personally I like Special K vanilla almond
  • missADS1981
    missADS1981 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    While i like to avoid anything that comes out of a box, I opt for organic granola or kashi when I can. I am not a fan of cereal however, i think there is no way i can ever eat just one bowl if i start i am filling it up until the milk is gone :( lol.

i would go with oats anyday over cereal though.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Count Chocula.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    You're favorite that you don't eat to much of.

This. "Healthy" is such a subjective term. Just pick whichever one you want and eat a reasonable amount of it.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon Toast Crunch. I do like the original Kashi GoLean Crunch too.

Also, I thought that one poster was "MissAIDS."
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    We just had this thread yesterday.

Cocoa Puffs is my favorite
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Personally I like the malt-o-meal honey & oat blenders b/c their sugar content is lower (6g per 3/4 cup) than most cereals...but find one that you like and use portion control. If you give me a bunch of grape nuts (or whatever is healthy these days) I'll just let them go bad b/c I won't want to eat them. This could also be b/c I have the nutritional self-control of a toddler.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    fruity or cocoa pebbles...oh you said healthiest not most delicious
  • eblakes93
    eblakes93 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Shredded wheat, life or great grains with a banana and yogurt for breakfast.

Pops and capn' crunch for dessert or a study snack :)