I made my own apple sauce...how much calories?

Options
So I made my own applesauce. There is nothing but granny smith apples in it. I don't remember how many apples I put it in it. But I can't find a recipe online anywhere where all they use is just apples. I am wondering how many apples are in a cup of my apple sauce?

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    You would have to remake it and put it in the recipe builder and determine whatever it is would be your personal serving size...any thing else would just be a shot in the dark guess at best.
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    I don't think anyone else will have a better guess than you
  • explosivedonut
    explosivedonut Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    So I made my own applesauce. There is nothing but granny smith apples in it. I don't remember how many apples I put it in it. But I can't find a recipe online anywhere where all they use is just apples. I am wondering how many apples are in a cup of my apple sauce?

Too many variables. How long did you cook it for? What temperature? Did you keep skin? Core the apples? Did you leave a lid on (to help keep water inside it). Sorry :/
  • CaitErin1101
    CaitErin1101 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    If you go under "my recipes", MFP will let you add in all the ingredients you put in the apple sauce. Then you tell it how many servings it yields and it will calculate all the nutritional info per serving :) I use it all the time for my home cooked meals.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    depends what you put in it, i make my own too, i do not add any sugar
  • bf43005
    bf43005 Posts: 287
    Options
    I run into this problem a lot. Sometimes if you search for foods you can find some homemade apple sauce or jams. But I'm sure it's not too accurate.
  • laceylucas86
    Options
    I would go into my recipies, put in say 6 apples and their size, how much sugar you used, measure out how many 1/2 cup servings it made and enter that into serving amounts then you know, one half cup serving is blah blah amount of calories :) I do it all the time!