Body fat percentage

Options
What percentage body fat does shakira have?

She is toned and has definition but is not muscular.

Replies

• paxbfl
    paxbfl Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I found this link interesting:

http://www.builtlean.com/2012/09/24/body-fat-percentage-men-women/

I used this to approximate my own body fat %, and when I had it tested I was pretty close.

Based on this I'd say Shakira is around 20%. Different photos look different, I guess it's the amount of air-brushing that's done. :)
  • Star_1234
    Star_1234 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I found this link interesting:

http://www.builtlean.com/2012/09/24/body-fat-percentage-men-women/

I used this to approximate my own body fat %, and when I had it tested I was pretty close.

Based on this I'd say Shakira is around 20%. Different photos look different, I guess it's the amount of air-brushing that's done. :)

Brilliant. Just what I was looking for.
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    You think Shakira isn't muscular? Really?
  • Star_1234
    Options
    You think Shakira isn't muscular? Really?

I meant shes not too muscular...she does have some muscle definition.
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    That's more about genetics than body fat percentage though. The less body fat you have, the more "toned" or "muscular" you are going to look. What defines how that looks is the shape of the muscles under the fat. Three women could all have the same BF% but look drastically different because of how they are genetically shaped.
  • paxbfl
    Options
    That's more about genetics than body fat percentage though. The less body fat you have, the more "toned" or "muscular" you are going to look. What defines how that looks is the shape of the muscles under the fat. Three women could all have the same BF% but look drastically different because of how they are genetically shaped.

They might look slightly different, but if they're all around 20% body fat, they're all going to look pretty damn good.
  • Star_1234
    Options
    I have a long way to go before I reach 20% body fat!

I will have to wait and see how my body shape looks like.
  • paxbfl
    Options
    Just keep going, be as consistent as you can. You'll be amazed at the progress you can make. I was probably close to 30% when I started. Just over a year later, I'm around 13%.