Does anyone use a FItBit Flex?

Options
I was thinking about asking for one for Christmas, but I wanted to get some insight on what some of you who have it think about it. I really like the idea of it logging so much information, like my sleep and stuff too, and I really want something accurate. What do ya'll think? And ladies feel free to add me I am looking for support!!! Thanks guys

Replies

• gauravnain14
    gauravnain14 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit One and it works great while I keep in my pocket or use a wristband. Every seven days it takes like an hour or two to charge and it calculates steps, floors, miles, calories burned according to height and weight. Sleep is also calculated when I activate it. Yes, it does sync with myfitnesspal. Only problem is I don't have a phone that has bluetooth connectivity (Bluetooth 4.0) yet for my fitbit. Hope to get that soon. :P
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I recently got the Force. It was an upgrade from the zip. I love my Fitbit. So far the steps have been about the same as my zip. The floors count is a little off, sometimes only counting one flight instead of two. It syncs well most days with MFP and my galaxy s4. I really love the sleep tracking although it's taking some getting used too to sleeping with it on. I suffer from terrible insomnia most of the month and it's been great at tracking that.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Love the flex. Very motivating. Small. Barely noticeable. It's on my wrist unless I'm charging it.
  • blondepaparazzi
    blondepaparazzi Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I was trying to decide between the Flex and the Force. I don't think I need to count floors though, I never walk up stairs or anything. And the flex seems more simple for my needs. But I like the Force because the time is displayed!
  • sodeelish
    sodeelish Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same predicament about the Flex and Force. I have the Flex now and I really like it. I only like the Force for the time display because I also don't climb stairs. I saw the Force and I think it's a bit big for girls. The wristband is wide and doesn't look at discreet like the Flex is. I will say, it's not always accurate because sometimes I'm only moving my arms and not my legs, but it's a great addition to MFP. You just manually input all the stuff you do now. Flex just calculates the extra stuff you can't necessarily count the calories burned for.

I think it's worth the money. It's not too much effort and it's a great way to stay motivated. and the Flex is really discreet. I wore it among other bracelets and my boyfriend (who bought me the Flex) freaked out asking where it was, thinking I had lost it.

Some reviews say the $30 extra is worth the extra stuff on the Force, but good luck finding one.
  • TeamDale54
    Options
    I have the Flex andI love it. If I new the Force was coming out two months later I would have waited. But with that said, I am staying with the Flex.
  • Alta_
    Alta_ Posts: 5
    Options
    do you need a premium membership to sync to MFP?
  • blondepaparazzi
    blondepaparazzi Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies! I think I'm gonna ask for the Flex. And hanlonam, I truly hope not!
  • DaisyGrammy
    DaisyGrammy Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    FitBit does have a 90 day return! You CAN upgrade!
  • asreyes8022
    Options
    Good choice. I LOVE mine.
  • asreyes8022
    Options
    FitBit does have a 90 day return! You CAN upgrade!

Bought mine from REI just in case I didn't like it cuz they have a ONE YEAR return policy.
    Just an FYI.
  • asreyes8022
    Options
    do you need a premium membership to sync to MFP?
    Nope. Just need the free membership for syncs. I log EVERYTHING on MFP and it links it over to my FitBit account. And FitBit automatically tells MFP exercise calories for auto calorie adjustment.
    So EASY.
    LOVE it.
    Great visual MOTIVATION.
  • johnrgriffin00
    Options
    I've been using the Force since Monday and I love it. It seems very accurate and does a good job to motivate me to stay more active throughout the day. The MFP sync does not require any kind of special/premium membership. The sync is two-way, so it adjusts my daily calories burned based on today's activity from the Fitbit, and it transfers all of my information that I manually log into MFP to my Fitbit account.
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    The free membership is all you need to sync Fitbit to MFP. I have the flex and the Fitbit Aria scale. Both work great and have not had any issues with them. I did have the Nike fuelband but when it broke and they wouldn't warranty it I switched to the flex. I think I would go with the force though if I could do it again since it also doubles as a watch.
  • JenOman
    JenOman Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have a Flex. I have been happy enough with it. It does its job well enough.

My first band broke within a month of getting it, but Fitbit sent me a replacement, which is also starting to have the same problem. The battery life isn't great and it seems like it will be half charged and then die on me that night.

It syncs GREAT with MFP, but if you try to log an exercise that you weren't wearing your flex for, log it on fitbit otherwise MFP goes a little nutty (or maybe I am doing it wrong).

Also, if you want a stair counter or a time piece spend the extra $30 and go with the Force.
  • molissep
    molissep Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I asked for one for Christmas after doing a lot of research and then a nurse at my Dr's office had one on and I was asking her how she liked it. She said she loved that so that sealed the deal! Can't wait to get it!
  • Roniqua29
    Roniqua29 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love my flex. I am planning on switching to the force. My favorite part is the sleep tracking and the automatic sync to myfitpal. They have improved the app a lot and its probably my favorite tracking tool. I also have the nike fuel band.
  • uptomoonandback
    uptomoonandback Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have a PolarFT7 that I wear when I'm doing cardio, do you also wear your flex when you've got a more accurate hrm? I was wondering the same thing, is it worth it to add to my Christmas wish list when I have a Polar and I always try to have my phone in my pocket and that's the way I track my steps through the "pacer" app.