Non Scale Victory

Options
NSV!!!!

Last Wednesday, I started the Ignite 360 Challenge. Part of it is an assessment of where you are as an athlete. The last piece of the assessment was running 300 meters. At the gym I belong to it is down and back 6 times. My goal was to jog the first 3 laps without stopping while maintaining pace. Once I got the 4th lap, I kept going. Next thing I know I've completed the 6 laps and never lost pace!!! I was so PROUD of myself; this is something I never thought I could do. My trainer was cheering, and other gym members were cheering. I was embarrassed at first because all these people were watching the big girl run, but then I realized, these people have been a part of my success thus far and are just as happy for me as I am happy! My embarrassment quickly went and away and this proud lady smiled big!
Fast forward to last night, I thought ok, I jogged 300 meters can I job to 2 songs on my play list? The answer, YES! I ended up jogging a 1/2 mile to Blurred Lines and Forget You. I probably could have gone into the 3rd song, but the gremlin on my shoulder said "you can't do that." So tonight, I plan on punching that little gremlin in face and running to 3 songs. My next goal is to add a song each week until I'm able to run a 5K without stopping.
I can't wait until the 6 week challenge is up, so I can compare my fitness assessments and see the improvements!

Replies

• ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    Great job. Screw the gremlin.
  • Livin4me1969
    Livin4me1969 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    WTG Girl!! That is great! You can do it!!! Just continue to beat the crap out of those little gremlins and you can do anything that you set your mind to :drinker:
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    That is one awesome victory, or two! You go!
  • MGinAK
    MGinAK Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Way to GO!!! Great NSV!!! Replace the gremlin with a coach who sits on your shoulder and encourages you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!