Anyone lost the mommy "apron" without surgery?

Options
Anyone have success with loosing belly hang, mommy apron, whatever you call it without surgery? I have lost 50lbs so far with about another 50 to go. I am trying to start to get and idea of weather or not I will lose my "apron" or will I need surgery. I have recently read that I should give it at least 18 months at maintenance to see how much my skin will pull in on it own??

Replies

• MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    There's a thread going in Success Stories about this right now...you've probably seen it but...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1138359-the-tummy-overhang-give-me-inspiration

I'm crossing my fingers, I'll have some tightening of my mommy skin. But, I'm not holding my breath. 10+ years overweight, tons of stretch marks, hernia...I think I'm doomed :( I have about 30 more lbs to lose. I'm planning to give myself a year after reaching goal then reassess the tummy situation. Perhaps, I can get a twofer and put the gals back up where they belong.
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    It probably depends on how many times you've been pregnant, your age and how elastic your skin is which is all up to genetics. Personally I'm 30, have had 3 pregnancies; gained 40 lbs from my last, lost it all in 5 months and no mommy apron.
  • 120poundstogo
    120poundstogo Posts: 700 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I think if you get low enough and back in shape enough you'll just contend with crepey skin and it will disappear. I've seen it done without surgery.