Quest Bars????

Options

Replies

• bmondloch
    bmondloch Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I don't too often comment on the message boards but here it goes. I have never tried the Quest bars you mention but I get Nature Valley - 100% Natural Protein Chewy Bars-Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate bars. They taste amazing and I am sure they are less expensive than the designer bars. They have 10 grams of protein per bar and 190 calories. I use them as a snack before I do my lunch time walks so I have the energy. Try them to see if you like them, just my suggestion.
  • LeannJeffers
    LeannJeffers Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I have two favorites #1 Cookies and Cream and #2 White Chocolate Raspberry.

I have tried other ones and the peanut butter one is eh- ok. The banana nut muffin one tasted just like a muffin.

dislike the lemon one (too lemony) and the brownie one tastes like cardboard.

You have to try them all to find which ones you like. I like them because they are simple breakfast option for me and helps me boost my protein levels.
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I certainly hope this lawsuit isn't accurate. The fiber count is the main reason I eat these, since it can be deducted from gross carbs. Dreamfields pasta just had to pay $8 million for the same reason. The net carb count was inaccurate and causing blood sugar surges. If Quest is doing the same, it is dangerous for people with high blood sugar who rely on them. I really don't care what their president says--I want to see lab test results.

"I have NEVER EVER EVER seen a protein bar on the market with better macros. Ever."

Agreed... but....

Quest Bars have the best macros (according to the label). But it is my understanding that they are being sued in California for allegedly falsifying the macros of their bars-- so I no longer eat them. The fibre in those bars (along with the protein) are what attracted me to Quest Bars-- the taste kept me buying them. But i am suspicious of how accurate the macros are so i dropped them and replaced with real food I can track.

Just do a google search and decide for yourself.

Anyone can file a lawsuit. You do not need any proof. I suggest you go on the quest website and read their statement from the President of Quest regarding the lawsuit. The lawsuit is frivolous and they give you a study to back it up. And only the fiber is being questioned. Perhaps you should do some research before you listen to the rumors.

Also, why are we necroing 5 month old threads? (not you)
  • dmenchac
    dmenchac Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I certainly hope this lawsuit isn't accurate. The fiber count is the main reason I eat these, since it can be deducted from gross carbs. Dreamfields pasta just had to pay $8 million for the same reason. The net carb count was inaccurate and causing blood sugar surges. If Quest is doing the same, it is dangerous for people with high blood sugar who rely on them. I really don't care what their president says--I want to see lab test results.

"I have NEVER EVER EVER seen a protein bar on the market with better macros. Ever."

Agreed... but....

Quest Bars have the best macros (according to the label). But it is my understanding that they are being sued in California for allegedly falsifying the macros of their bars-- so I no longer eat them. The fibre in those bars (along with the protein) are what attracted me to Quest Bars-- the taste kept me buying them. But i am suspicious of how accurate the macros are so i dropped them and replaced with real food I can track.

Just do a google search and decide for yourself.

Anyone can file a lawsuit. You do not need any proof. I suggest you go on the quest website and read their statement from the President of Quest regarding the lawsuit. The lawsuit is frivolous and they give you a study to back it up. And only the fiber is being questioned. Perhaps you should do some research before you listen to the rumors.

Also, why are we necroing 5 month old threads? (not you)

Lab results are posted on their website if you had read what I said
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I don't too often comment on the message boards but here it goes. I have never tried the Quest bars you mention but I get Nature Valley - 100% Natural Protein Chewy Bars-Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate bars. They taste amazing and I am sure they are less expensive than the designer bars. They have 10 grams of protein per bar and 190 calories. I use them as a snack before I do my lunch time walks so I have the energy. Try them to see if you like them, just my suggestion.

I think the 21 grams of protein in Quest bars makes up for the extra cost, but that's just my opinion.
  • leeshults
    leeshults Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I bought five bars....I couldn't give the things away! They were horrible.....
  • PrairieSlims
    PrairieSlims Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have never tried Quest bars as the ones I take are to be use in conjuction with my exercise so are an exercise bar. I use a shake for my Protein and add fruit and fiber to it for my breakfast. They are so yummy compared to what I have tried anyways.
  • craftydoll
    craftydoll Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I thought the brownie one tasted like crap, despite everyone raving about it. Maybe I should try it microwaved to see if it tastes better that way. I had the cinnamon roll one microwaved and thought it was pretty good for a protein bar.

White Chocolate raspberry on the other hand…pretty freakin' good. It did a good job in tricking my taste buds to think I was having a "bad" treat.
  • craftydoll
    craftydoll Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Whoops, hit reply instead of quote. Can't wait to try the chocolate chip cookie dough and cookies and cream bars. Yummm.
  • winonavampire
    winonavampire Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I just bought four of these bad boys today. GNC had a buy three get one free deal so I after reading all the raving on this board about them, I thought I would give them a shot.

I have been a Cliff Builder Bar guy for a while now, but at 270 calories and ~30ish carbs, I stopped eating them during low carb deficit days. I was really excited to see the <200 calories and 3-4 grams of carbs (hopefully the whole net carb thing actually works... I have seen both sides).

I grabbed the Peanut Butter Supreme, Cookies and Cream, Cookie Dough and PB&J. I'm gonna try one a little later tonight.

Any ideas on which one to try first??
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I just bought four of these bad boys today. GNC had a buy three get one free deal so I after reading all the raving on this board about them, I thought I would give them a shot.

I have been a Cliff Builder Bar guy for a while now, but at 270 calories and ~30ish carbs, I stopped eating them during low carb deficit days. I was really excited to see the <200 calories and 3-4 grams of carbs (hopefully the whole net carb thing actually works... I have seen both sides).

I grabbed the Peanut Butter Supreme, Cookies and Cream, Cookie Dough and PB&J. I'm gonna try one a little later tonight.

Hmmm....tough choice. Those are all good. Go for cookies and cream.
  • cggrlsteph
    cggrlsteph Posts: 36 Member
    Options

man thats a 50/50 between Cookies and Cream and the Cookie dough... those are my favs
  • BlueButterfly94
    BlueButterfly94 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I don't know about weight loss, but I found them when looking up protein bars and have been seriously considering them as I oftentimes lack protein in my diet.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I also got some Quest bars few weeks ago to eat in the afternoon snack, mostly for the protein. They are horrible :sick: and once I finish what I have I am not buying them again. Waste of money, even if the protein count is good and the carbs are low.

Edited because I can' spell on Wednesdays.
  • winter29
    winter29 Posts: 4
    Options
    For me I like the cookies and cream and chocolate chip cookie dough, and the brownie one. I cannot stand any of the ones that have fruit they make me feel nauseous before I even get one bite down. But the chocolate ones are great. If they just weren't so damned expensive
  • winonavampire
    winonavampire Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Well, tried the Cookies and Cream. Definitely tasty. I am a huge Oreo fan, so the Cookies and Cream was a great one to start with. Now looking forward to all the Peanut Butter variants!
  • jeeplovin
    jeeplovin Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I also went and bought 4 bars to try. I think they are pretty darn good. Choc chip cookie dough is awesome. Kills a sugar craving in its track. Chocolate fudge, cinnamon roll, and white choc. raspberry are were good.
  • pinkshiningstar
    pinkshiningstar Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Bake in the oven at 400 Degrees for about 4 minutes or until a little puffed and golden. DELISH!

I've actually never eaten a bar directly out of the wrapper. Either gets baked or microwaved for 15 seconds. :smile:
  • SDAMRON
    SDAMRON Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    mmmm the cookies and cream and the strawberry cheesecake is good
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    I think all quest bars are gross IMO. I have not had one that taste good.

Edit: I like the Think Thin Bars. They have 20 grams of protein. The brownie crunch is really good.