Back Fat

Options
What's a good work out for getting rid of back fat mainly around the bra strap line (is that the correct term)?

Yes, I know I need to do cardio but I'm talking about additional work out to tone that area faster.

Replies

• fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Lose fat by losing weight.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

This. Unfortunately there are no spot reduction exercises.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I scoop it into my bra and use it as extra padding.

saves me from buying expensive push up bras.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options

Yep. :sad:
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options

^This. Especially since in another thread I learned that back fat is just migrated boobs. Win.
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    As mentionned you cannot spot reduce. As your weight/Body fat will drop so will the fat in that area. There is no way to tell when that will happen as everyone loses weight differently.

To achieve that you need to eat at a deficit. Calories in vs calories out and cardio as very little to do with it as at the end of the day the calorie deficit will do the job.

As for ''toning'' that look is achieved by lifting heavy weights, it's called muscles. So you can do a combination of weights and cardio.
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Fork Putdowns and Dinner Table Pushaways.
  • ptbodacious
    ptbodacious Posts: 65 Member
    Options

A neat little trick taught to me just last week by a hilariously funny sales lady at a SOMA shop in San Antonio!
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Fork Putdowns and Dinner Table Pushaways.

:laugh:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

^This. Especially since in another thread I learned that back fat is just migrated boobs. Win.

I KNOW right!!!!

Explains SOooooo much.
    Fork Putdowns and Table Pushaways.
    hey- I think I've seen that somewhere's :tongue:
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options

I've always called them back titties!!!
  • jcdoerr
    jcdoerr Posts: 172 Member
    Options

I prefer to call them my back abs, that way at least I have some abs somewhere!!! :laugh:
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options

I prefer to call them my back abs, that way at least I have some abs somewhere!!! :laugh:

:laugh:

I'm glad I've worked mine down from a C to a solid A. Hoping to be in a trainer by spring!!! :happy:
  • asianmonkie
    Options
    As mentionned you cannot spot reduce. As your weight/Body fat will drop so will the fat in that area. There is no way to tell when that will happen as everyone loses weight differently.

To achieve that you need to eat at a deficit. Calories in vs calories out and cardio as very little to do with it as at the end of the day the calorie deficit will do the job.

As for ''toning'' that look is achieved by lifting heavy weights, it's called muscles. So you can do a combination of weights and cardio.
    Exactly, so what weight exercises should I be doing to "tone" this area?
  • meskew87
    meskew87 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    No way to spot reduce, but a good bra will work wonders to minimize its appearance. Many women wear too big of a band size and too small of a cup size, so your "back fat" gets smooshed around your band. A good fitting bra should scoop most of it up in to the cups and help you look instantly thinner. Measure your band size decently snug (a loose bra never did anyone any good) and then measure the cups by bending over to 90 degrees to let gravity do the work of bringing all that tissue forward. I thought I was a 36 B, measured this way and found out I should be wearing a 32 DD. That sounded so ridiculous to me I didn't want to believe it and tried one on just for a good laugh. Sure enough, it fit like a charm and my clothes all look a million times better!

Good posture also goes a long way towards approving the appearance of back fat - think about pointing your scapulas down and back towards each other, like you wanted them to point at your butt (hehe). These to tricks shoudl help you feel better about yourself while you work on dropping the weight
  • asianmonkie
    Options

Uhh... mine is not that bad. I just want to go from a 34 to a 30. That's all.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    What's a good work out for getting rid of back fat mainly around the bra strap line (is that the correct term)?

Yes, I know I need to do cardio but I'm talking about additional work out to tone that area faster.

No exercise, you can't spot reduce. Fat comes off all over your body.

You DON"T need to do cardio, just create a calorie deficit by eating less and exercising. Lifting weights is great for losing fat because it helps to maintain muscle mass, plus your burn continues after your work out.
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options

^^^ This... Getting abs and getting rid of the love handles / lower back fat is done in the kitchen.
  • asianmonkie
    Options
    No way to spot reduce, but a good bra will work wonders to minimize its appearance. Many women wear too big of a band size and too small of a cup size, so your "back fat" gets smooshed around your band. A good fitting bra should scoop most of it up in to the cups and help you look instantly thinner. Measure your band size decently snug (a loose bra never did anyone any good) and then measure the cups by bending over to 90 degrees to let gravity do the work of bringing all that tissue forward. I thought I was a 36 B, measured this way and found out I should be wearing a 32 DD. That sounded so ridiculous to me I didn't want to believe it and tried one on just for a good laugh. Sure enough, it fit like a charm and my clothes all look a million times better!

Good posture also goes a long way towards approving the appearance of back fat - think about pointing your scapulas down and back towards each other, like you wanted them to point at your butt (hehe). These to tricks shoudl help you feel better about yourself while you work on dropping the weight
    I saw this on Reddit. Tried it and it said I was a 34E! Went to Victoria Secret and it did not fit me at all. I must have done something wrong. Thanks for the tips!
  • kiekokay
    kiekokay Posts: 101 Member
    Options

Awesome response!! I'm heading out to get fitted as soon as I can now! :bigsmile: