Man coaches wife through Alzheimer's

Options
WeepingAngel81
WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
I saw this news cast while I was at the gym last night and came across it again today on yahoo. I thought I would share. There is so much research still being done on Alzheimer's, it makes me wonder if keeping the body physically fit and active can also keep the mind from deteriorating. I don't know enough about Alzheimer's to say one way or the other, but thought this was interesting nonetheless.

http://screen.yahoo.com/popular/couple-convinced-exercise-helps-delay-042643987.html

Replies

• mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Does this mean the old couple in "The Notebook" were just lazy *kitten*? Don't ask how I know about the movie. We all have to suffer sometimes to get what we want.
  • beach_please
    beach_please Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Awww :cry: Very touching. Thanks for sharing.
  • WeepingAngel81
    Options
    Does this mean the old couple in "The Notebook" were just lazy *kitten*? Don't ask how I know about the movie. We all have to suffer sometimes to get what we want.

So...did the movie watching pay off :wink:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    bless their hearts it's such a destructive disease
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options

So...did the movie watching pay off :wink:

It takes about nine and a half weeks to get the results you REALLY want from the notebook..
  • WeepingAngel81
    Options

No doubt. Watching the news report it just made me feel almost uncomfortable in a way. Not because I disagree with what he's doing, but becuase he has so much faith in her and what he's doing to help, yet we all know how this will end. My heart breaks for them both.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options

No doubt. Watching the news report it just made me feel almost uncomfortable in a way. Not because I disagree with what he's doing, but becuase he has so much faith in her and what he's doing to help, yet we all know how this will end. My heart breaks for them both.

sadly...i pray and hope he can help slow her progression
  • WeepingAngel81
    Options

sadly...i pray and hope he can help slow her progression

I know what you mean. I just couldn't imagine what they are going through. I hope to find what they have someday, even if it means it will end quicker that I would like.