Disney Folks

Options
daynes23
daynes23 Posts: 94 Member
I know you're all out there! I'm always looking to connect with fellow Disney fanatics and I thought what better place to find people with this common interest!

Let's get in touch and spend EVEN MORE time chatting about the man and the mouse.

So, first question... WDW or DLR :tongue:

As for me, WDW is my one and only. <3

Replies

• Aviflora
    Aviflora Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You've managed to find MFP's Princess Aviflora! :D I looooove Disney so much, my favorite princess is Pocahontas (closely followed by Belle and Mulan)

Also, WDW, hands down. <3
  • kowajenn
    kowajenn Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    WDW by far. I've had annual passes for 15 years (and live in Maryland) so yes, I'm a Disney freak!
  • daynes23
    Options
    Kowajenn, NICE! I'm incredibly jealous. I try to make it down at least once a year. I'm actually in MD myself finishing up school.

I always see people on instagram making new Disney friends and meeting up in the parks. How cool would it be if we could fashion a MFP/WDW meet-up?!
  • fbcarlson
    fbcarlson Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    My wife is a HUGE Disney fan (and I like it a lot too) so we go multiple times a year most years. We belong to DVC and have had season passes a few times over the years and we are in PA. Have never made it out to DLR and do not have an overwhelming interest. The variety at WDW is what makes it so great.

So what is everyone's favorite hotel? So far mine is Animal Kingdom Lodge but that is mostly because our kids LOVED staying there and seeing the animals constantly.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    <<<<<<<<<Spent two weeks in Orlando this summer.
  • FitMolly182
    FitMolly182 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    For those saying WDW, have you actually been to both?

I love Disney. I'm getting married next October and we are going to California for our honeymoon. Definitely going to check out Disneyland while we are there. I am so excited about Mickey's not so scary halloween party! Living on the other side of the US I'm sure this will be our one chance to see DLR. WDW has so much more to offer, but DLR seems to have an entirely different feel to it. I like that Walt has actually been there. I don't anticipate it comparing to WDW though.
  • daynes23
    Options
    I haven't been to DLR in a few years. Maybe it's my own bias because it's so much easier to get to WDW from the NE.

As for hotels, I've visited a whole bunch but only ever stayed in Coronado. (My parents have a timeshare in Kissimmee that we always would stay at) Animal Kingdom Lodge is pretty neat (Boma is to die for!). Still trying to win the lotto so I can stay in the Grand Floridian some day :cry:

Molly, congrats on your wedding! I've never done any of the special park parties (mostly because I go in off peak times) I'm sure it will be quite the experience!
  • kzivic
    kzivic Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    WDW fan! Was just there at the beginning of October for the Food and Wine Festival and did the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party. Tons of fun, my partner in crime and I dressed in costume for the party: Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum.

Anyone ever done a RunDisney event?
  • daynes23
    Options
    No! But I want to so badly! I've been at WDW during marathon weekends and I get so jealous. I just ran my first ever 5k back in April so I can't get too ahead of myself. I was going to try to go for the WDW marathon in Jan or the Princess half in Feb but I just don't have the money to travel. I also stopped running after the 5k :ohwell: but it's definitely on my bucket list!
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Disney.
    Maybe a little too much.. I grew up watching Disney.
    Love The little mermaid, The fox and the hound and Lady and the Tramp. My all-time favorites <3.
  • kzivic
    kzivic Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm a newish runner, but I've got plans to sign up for the 5k Expedition Everest Challenge next May, and then lofty goals of next year's Wine and Dine Half Marathon.

When we were there in October, it was the same weekend as the Tower of Terror 10-Miler and seeing everyone walking around with their race shirts and medals was so motivating!!
  • PolkaDot_Princess
    PolkaDot_Princess Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    ME *raises hand*

WE LOVE DISNEY! We go at least twice a year, it's obsessive i know, but it works for us and our kiddos

There's always something new to experience and we make the best of our visits doing other stuff in the city and surrounding areas :-)

We just got back from Halloween Horror NIghts at universal in OCT that was a blast!!
  • fbcarlson
    fbcarlson Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    While I have not run at one (yet), my wife did the half marathon in in January at WDW two years ago and has signed up for the Dumbo Challenge this January. Her brother has done the Goofy Challenge the last two years. The BIL has also done the half out in DLR.

They are great events to watch and they are very well run although if you want to be there when your spouse crosses the finish line, leave VERY early!!! Traffic gets completely messed up with all the road closures.
  • cdanie13
    cdanie13 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Yaye!! I love Disney!!
  • spellingmama
    spellingmama Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Our family loves Disney and we go about 2-3 times a MONTH. I wish it was weekly but we can't fit it in. We like eating there about once every month or 2 and we try to stay on property about 2-3 times a year. Our goal is to try all of the restaurants and all of the hotels but we have a long way to go to reach that.

We LOVE Disney and I doubt we'll ever drop our passes. Love, love, love to go there and will be going next week. Go Disney!
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Going on a Disney cruise next year. Can't wait!!!!!!
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Total Dinsey nerd. I live in So Cal, so I favor Disneyland over Disney World.

I'm hoping I can run a half at Disneyland sometime soon. But they are so dang $$$.
  • greenhudler
    Options
    I'm not super obsessed -- however I do love it and my in-laws are obsessed! We go to Disney every year for family vacation :)
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say I'm a fanatic...but we live in Florida and do the annual passes every other year (alternating with Universal). We are actually heading to Orlando this weekend...before the droves of Christmas vacationers arrive.
  • daynes23
    Options
    Bringing this back. There's gotta be some disnerds lurking around!