I can't believe I'm starting over again

Options
Howdy howdy.

I'm back on the track (AGAIN). My goals this time are not only to lose weight but to make it stick. This is my fourth or fifth swing at this just since college started! (I'm now a Junior.) My first time around (a little less than two years ago) I stuck with it for a while and wound up losing about 10 pounds, getting down to my lowest recent weight of 155. Then I kept finding excuses to binge eat/drink... traveling Europe, a death in the family, more traveling, etc etc. Anyway, now I'm at my highest of 172.5 and I just want to get to a healthy weight.

I'm always seeing photos of myself and refusing to believe them ("that must just be an unflattering angle" etc), but it's time to cut the bull**** and start heading back to the weight I'M comfortable with. I don't want to be ridiculously skinny ridiculously fast, I just want to be back to what I think is my comfortable weight.

My main problems are that I don't exercise very much and love deserts, fancy coffee drinks, and alcohol. For the next few weeks, I'm going to be working on incorporating easy work outs (eg biking to school instead of riding the bus) and cutting way back on unnecessary calories (scones, coffees, deserts, wine every night).

I'd really like some friends and encouragement because I'm lazy as hell.

Also, any Vegetarian friends would be extra appreciated.

Thanks!

Replies

• shadyballr348503
    Options
    Hello,

I'm an ex-college basketball player and exercise is a foreign thing to me now. I also love desserts, and I feel like I need one after every meal! I lost 14 pounds using MFP about 3 months ago and felt like I could take a break. Obviously not! I gained 10 pounds back already. So I'm starting all over again. But one trick for desserts that I used is whipped cream. For 2 Tbs. of whipped cream there is only 15 calories. So I would mix that with some strawberries or cantaloupe.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    If you never stop, you don't have have to begin again and again.