Desperation - Motivation, Help or Advice!!

Options
Hi there

After giving birth to our first child I am STILL 63 pounds OVER what I was before I fell pregnant and am so down about it!

My baby is now 10 weeks old and I thought that I would at least still get my tummy and weight to be down a little but even one of the new doctors at pour surgery asked if I was pregnant so I decided I needed to do something positive as I have been in tears daily and my sister in law recommended this site!

Its so hard to try and prepare meals as the little one is a handful at the moment, I have only been eating 2 slices of toast in the morning and then a jacket potato in the evening but have ended up putting an extra 6 pounds ON since giving birth and am now desperate as can't understand why!

Due to a difficult birth I have been unable to exercise or even go for walks but now after being given the all clear to have 'small walks' at least thats a start but I need to try lose it without exercise if that is possible!!

Any help, advice or tips would be SO appreciated!!

Thanks all!! Any friend requests too would be welcome!!

Replies

• mimibertie
    Options
    That sounds like a terrible diet. Have a salad or steamed vegetables with grilled chicken. that doesnt take more than 5 minutes to prepare.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I have only been eating 2 slices of toast in the morning and then a jacket potato in the evening

This is almost certainly not enough calories for you.

You are not getting enough protein.

You are not getting enough fats.

Please, consider adjusting your diet to include more variety of foods. I know it can be hard to find time for yourself with a little one, but you deserve some real food. Look into make-ahead meals, crockpot meals, or even frozen meals. Almost anything would be better than what you're eating right now.
  • jaclync324
    jaclync324 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    As a mother of 2, I can relate.

My youngest will be 1 tomorrow. He was a difficult baby so it's been a tough year. Here's my advice:

1) As far as the tummy goes, it take a bit for the swelling to go down and for everything to go back into place. It took a year with my first before my belly felt normal again.

2) Get yourself a baby sling or carrier. I have used a hotsling and a becco gemini. This kept me sane. My youngest was only happy when held. Once I got the sling and carrier and felt comfortable using them, I used them all the time! This allowed me to cook, clean, walk around, anything I needed to do.

3) Sleep when baby sleeps. This is so important. Being a new Mom is so very, very hard. You need your rest.

4) Believe this too shall pass. I promise you in 2 weeks when your little one is 12 weeks old, it is almost like you see a glimpse of the world normalizing.

All the best to you and your family!!!!! Good luck and I hope my advice helps! XOXO