Make ahead Thanksgiving foods

Options
I have been hosting Thanksgiving at my house for the last five years. I love doing it. I make all the food and always get rave reviews. This year I would love to make a few things ahead of time, maybe on Monday or Tuesday. I am not a big fan of reheating food but I feel like I am just crazy busy making sure everything is ready by the time my guests arrive.

What things (if any) do you prepare ahead of time and how do you reheat it. Also any time saving tip would be great.

Replies

• awtume9
    awtume9 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    We usually make any casseroles (green bean, sweet potato) ahead of time, but don't cook it, just put it together. Then on Thanksgiving it just has to be popped into the oven. Any snack trays can be made the day before so you aren't spending all day chopping stuff up. Any veggies that need to be chopped for recipes can be done the night before. We usually try to prep everything the day before, that way we just have to cook on Thanksgiving. However, we deep fry our turkey so the oven is completely open for everything else. Hope this helps!