21 day beach body reset help

Options
My roommate and I are doing this reset/cleanse. Has anyone done this before? What are your thoughts? We are on day 3, having some headaches and some cravings. I am still exercising though it tells you you shouldn't.

So yeah any thoughts?

Replies

• Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    What is it exactly you are trying to ''cleanse'' ?

You do know that our bodies have this amazing ability to cleanse themselves on their own. You know when you do your No. 1 and No. 2, that's what it is. Unless you have organ failure and a ''cleanse'' is prescribed by a doctor you are doing more harm than good and the headache and cravings are a CLEAR indicator of that....
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    My roommate and I are doing this reset/cleanse. Has anyone done this before? What are your thoughts? We are on day 3, having some headaches and some cravings. I am still exercising though it tells you you shouldn't.

So yeah any thoughts?

I think you wasted your money for overpriced garbage. Nearly all the beachbody supplements fall into that category. Any specific toxins the cleanse claims it's cleansing?
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options

I think you wasted your money for overpriced garbage. Nearly all the beachbody supplements fall into that category. Any specific toxins the cleanse claims it's cleansing?

What he said. You don't need any of that crap.
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Must get cleannnnn
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Cleanse yourself of Beachbody crap and all will be well.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Nope. I enjoy being dirty.
  • allisoncook87
    allisoncook87 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Maybe you all should do some research before just bashing it..... It's basically clean eating and taking some vitamins... I wasn't asking for negative responses but thank you. I'm pretty educated on fitness and health (not a pro by any means but have done my leg work) and wouldn't do something to harm myself. The headaches are from lack of sugar and caffeine.
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    My thoughts is that it's not necessary. I do not need to take a supplement to cleanse my body ... Just eat healthy.

I hope you get the expected benefits from it though. Good luck
  • dietstokes
    dietstokes Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Lack of caffeine and carbs can cause headaches and such for a few days. By day 5 I would expect you would be starting to feel better. I always found the 3rd day of any drastic change the hardest. If you are still exercising, can you increase your calories at all?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Maybe you all should do some research before just bashing it..... It's basically clean eating and taking some vitamins... I wasn't asking for negative responses but thank you. I'm pretty educated on fitness and health (not a pro by any means but have done my leg work) and wouldn't do something to harm myself. The headaches are from lack of sugar and caffeine.

Like all cleanses/detoxes, they don't do anything. Yes some responses can be worded a bit better, the message is true. It's a low calorie/low sodium plan. It's expensive and doesn't cleanse anything. You can achieve the same results by going low calorie for a few weeks, eat a lot of veggies and no meat (I am pretty sure thats the guidelines of the plan). In the end, it's a lot of water weight lost and won't provide any better results than just eating a basic deficit and eating lean whole foods.

And I love BB workouts but I agree their supplements are just way overpriced and won't improve results.

Also, I am pretty sure you aren't supposed to workout. I mean you are only eating 1000 calories which might be a reason you feel like crap. I would reconsider increase calories to improve your workout performance and ensuring your get all your micro and macronutrients.
  • k98speedy
    Options
    Hello,

So you're doing the Ultimate Reset? I did this too and no IT IS NOT CRAP. You have to stay disciplined while doing it. Keep drinking all of the water, and adding those supplements and sticking to the meal plans. I was by no means out of shape or needed to lose weight, but I wanted to give it a go and "cleanse out the toxins". I was surprised though that within 6 days I could see a 6 pack abs. The cravings, and stuff will pass. Usually around day 5-6. I love working out, but it is not a good idea to do it while doing the reset. I am an Insanity girl and doing Insanity while doing this 21 day reset would not have been wise. Go for walks or minimal bike rides if you must. Just stick with the program they provided and you will enjoy the results and have more energy, clearer skin, cravings for junk food become minimal to none. GOOD LUCK.:smile:
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Hello,

So you're doing the Ultimate Reset? I did this too and no IT IS NOT CRAP. You have to stay disciplined while doing it. Keep drinking all of the water, and adding those supplements and sticking to the meal plans. I was by no means out of shape or needed to lose weight, but I wanted to give it a go and "cleanse out the toxins". I was surprised though that within 6 days I could see a 6 pack abs. The cravings, and stuff will pass. Usually around day 5-6. I love working out, but it is not a good idea to do it while doing the reset. I am an Insanity girl and doing Insanity while doing this 21 day reset would not have been wise. Go for walks or minimal bike rides if you must. Just stick with the program they provided and you will enjoy the results and have more energy, clearer skin, cravings for junk food become minimal to none. GOOD LUCK.:smile:

Post hoc ergo propter hoc. And what toxins did you cleanse? What if cals and macros were kept constant but didn't use Beachbody garbage?
  • allisoncook87
    allisoncook87 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    The main benefit I'm getting from it is the meal planning, my roommate already had the kit so it didn't cost anything for me :) I haven't strayed from the meal plans at all and I'm eating things I thought I never would. I feel pretty good honestly. Thanks for the more positive feedback that I was looking for. How you word things is def. important
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Where's the "Oh brother" Tina Fey gif...

Look OP, I suggest joining a beach body group on here to pose this kind of question. You're only going to get answers you don't want.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Oh, speaking of answers you don't want...

So yeah any thoughts?
    The main benefit I'm getting from it is the meal planning, my roommate already had the kit so it didn't cost anything for me :) I haven't strayed from the meal plans at all and I'm eating things I thought I never would. I feel pretty good honestly. Thanks for the more positive feedback that I was looking for. How you word things is def. important

So having headaches and cravings constitutes "feeling good"?
  • baristagirl7
    baristagirl7 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Beachbody isn't garbage it has helped thousands of people get healthy. The workouts are awesome for people that can't go to the gym. People that are stuck at home with little babies that want to lose baby weight. Or the feeling of privacy working out at home. Who wouldn't want a personal trainer in your own home on DVD? :) I realize it's not for everyone but seriously no need for the harsh comments/posts.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    When I feel the need to cleanse, I shower and it doesn't last 21 days.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Beachbody isn't garbage it has helped thousands of people get healthy. The workouts are awesome for people that can't go to the gym. People that are stuck at home with little babies that want to lose baby weight. Or the feeling of privacy working out at home. Who wouldn't want a personal trainer in your own home on DVD? :) I realize it's not for everyone but seriously no need for the harsh comments/posts.

No one is bashing their programs, but rather their supplements. I own 7 or 8 different programs and they are great, but there is NO reason to invest in their supplements
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

I don't think anyone was bashing the workouts.

Mostly just the idea that you needed to do an expensive "cleanse" or "reset" in order to feel good (which apparently includes headaches) or lose weight.
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a beach body challenge I made up. It's eating how I normally eat, but doing toning work for glutes, belly and arms, and the 30DS squat challenge. I say do something like that. If you need to starve to feel good in a bikini, just buy a swim top and wear it over the bikini top.