How do you intend to get through the feasting season?

Options
All the Christmas stuff is on sale already and in the past I would have been 'testing' mince pies etc. Now I keep telling myself that I can have that for a few days from 21st December. Why then....well we're taking the children to Cadbury's World and they give you an empty bag as you go in and gradually fill it with free chocolate. Even at my strongest I won't be able to say no to that much chocolate. My intention is to try not to go OTT over Christmas without feeling that I'm losing out and then get back onto the straight and narrow around the 30th when all the family celebrations are out of the way.

How do other people intend to get through this food fiesta?

Replies

• alikonda
    alikonda Posts: 2,358 Member
    Options
    I'm going to remind myself that it's just food and I can make/buy it anytime if I really want to. (Thus there's no sense of urgency encouraging me to gorge myself)

I'm going to keep drinking water and eat when I'm hungry - not because something smells/looks good. Maybe more importantly, I'm going to STOP when I'm no longer hungry. (That's the hard part, I know!) Eat off small plates, take small portions so you can cue on whether or not you really want another serving. And just because my husband is hungry, it doesn't mean that I am. (I wish I needed as many calories as he does!)

Overall, I've been getting better about intuitive eating, but I know I will have to explicitly think about it since a lot of my favourite recipes are coming out of the pantry!

I'm also going to plan my workout schedule in advance. That way I won't "run out of time" or "forget" or decide "Meh, I'll just take an extra day off." Besides, I earn more calories if I work out!! :laugh:

BTW -- If you need to get rid of some Cadbury chocolate, to save yourself, please please please mail it to me!!! =P (I'm more than a bit jealous!!)
  • xeno8604
    xeno8604 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    By working a grueling 10 hour shift on Black Friday, Probably gonna end up walking 12 miles that day!!!!!!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    By feasting.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    For reals, this is like the 47th thread today about this. I'll be feasting with MB.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    All the Christmas stuff is on sale already and in the past I would have been 'testing' mince pies etc. Now I keep telling myself that I can have that for a few days from 21st December. Why then....well we're taking the children to Cadbury's World and they give you an empty bag as you go in and gradually fill it with free chocolate. Even at my strongest I won't be able to say no to that much chocolate. My intention is to try not to go OTT over Christmas without feeling that I'm losing out and then get back onto the straight and narrow around the 30th when all the family celebrations are out of the way.

How do other people intend to get through this food fiesta?

I don't think of it as a " season ". For me it is three days. My birthday a week before Christmas, Christmas and New Year and three days I can easily handle. I have decided to eat at maintenance and that's it. Actually it's not such a big deal.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    For reals, this is like the 47th thread today about this. I'll be feasting with MB.

Oh hell, Me+You+Feasting = Hot.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    With a fork in one hand and a spoon in the other.
  • Amadbro
    Amadbro Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    by eating my way through
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    By working a grueling 10 hour shift on Black Friday, Probably gonna end up walking 12 miles that day!!!!!!

Good luck! I am sure you will burn a lot of calories.

If I go anywhere I plan on eating some food, but trying not to overeat to where I am full.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options

I am sure we'll be seeing these threads until January.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

In...

...for the feast.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

And then we get the Resolutionists...

...and we'll long for the days of threads about holiday feasts.
  • Moosycakes
    Moosycakes Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Say that I don't want any flipping chocolate for Christmas -_-
    My family doesn't really do anything particularly special meal-wise for Christmas, we just have a roast chicken for lunch with vegetables and maybe some dessert. If my boyfriend invites me to his family Christmas dinner again, oh my holy goodness they have a lot of food :P Guess I'll just pick, I'm a picker anyway.
  • MickeyBoo
    MickeyBoo Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I plan on eating what I want in moderation and actually doing some exercise.

I also plan on enjoying my xmas week without feeling constantly overfull and horrible but also not stressing out about what I'm putting in my mouth, it's the one time of year I go all out with desserts and my family goes all out with the mains, we never get together at any other time of year so the main plan I have is to enjoy it.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

You mean you don't look forward to the hundred 1200 calorie threads, 10000 should I eat low carb threads, and various other piles of nonsense?
  • paleojoe
    paleojoe Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    It's not how much you eat from November to December that matters... it's how much you eat from December to November. Enjoy the holidays...
  • timbrom
    timbrom Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I will get through it by eating until all the food is gone. The problem solves itself.
  • Goal179
    Goal179 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    It's not how much you eat from November to December that matters... it's how much you eat from December to November. Enjoy the holidays...

Damn that was awesome. I love it. Thanks and good point
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

You mean you don't look forward to the hundred 1200 calorie threads, 10000 should I eat low carb threads, and various other piles of nonsense?
    I'm back, and this time, I'm serious!

To get a jumpstart on my weight loss this time, I'm going to do a cleanse...

...and then eat as little as possible.

Would a water fast be better? I've heard you can lose a lot of weight with a 40 day water fast...and it cleanses toxins from your body too.

*sigh*
  • vampirequeen1959
    vampirequeen1959 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    If you don't like this sort of thread why read it. The title made it quite clear what it was about. Couldn't you have just ignored it rather than bother to tell me how such threads bore you. Will you not bother to read and reply to any New Year resolution threads or will you feel obliged to tell someone else who is relatively new to this site how bored you are by their threads too.

Most people on this site are wonderfully supportive and I really appreciate them but there are a few who seem to feel it's ok to put other members down.