Discouraged

Options
When I finally hit a healthy BMI, I told myself I was going to drop my goal per week to 1lb. Which I did, and felt pretty good about getting 200 cals more a day!

But since then, I've gained 2 pounds! I have no idea how! The first week, I knew I probably gained because I was working at a summer camp and every idea of healthy eating flew out of my mind as I binged. But this last week, I've been home in my regular routine and under my calorie goal EVERY DAY! And when I say under, I mean with like 40 cals left, so I know I'm not starving.

THIS SUCKS! I don't understand. The only thing I can think of is that I ate dinner too late last night - I heard on the biggest loser that if you eat late and weigh early it could f-up the weigh in. Or maybe I'm drinking too much water? I don't know, but I don't like it.

Any theories? Words of encouragement?

Replies

• MickeyLeigh
    Options
    I personally wouldn't worry too much about 2lbs. That weight could be water weight and if you did eat dinner late that could also be what happened. Also I don't know how much sodium you had but that could cause it to go up some. Is it your time of the month? That also could be a reason. No doubt in a couple of days everything will be back to normal. I gained 5 lbs just a couple of days ago but when I got on the scale today I had dropped those 5 pounds...and it is my time of the month so I KNOW that is what it was. Don't give up...your weight will be back to normal!
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Just eat heathy eat the right food choices. You can never have enough water. I would say head up and dont let it get to you just yet. Know after a week or so of starting to get back into your routine and things on the scale so not change then I would say you may need to look at what may be causing this. Read the Bolg I posted that may help
  • Andre_Demers
    Options
    There is so many reasons that you would weight more. More water. No bathroom time. Don't worry. By next week you will be back on track. You need a cloud in the sky to appreciate the sun. :smile:
  • dspetrina
    Options
    Dear Discouraged: It's easy to say, Don't be, when you are discouraged. Get back on program today. Forget yesterday. Stress can hold in a lot. Pray about it. God knows how important this is to you. TAke an extra walk outside today even for just 20 minutes. Get some fresh air. Dianne
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    There is so many reasons that you would weight more. More water. No bathroom time. Don't worry. By next week you will be back on track. You need a cloud in the sky to appreciate the sun. :smile:
    i like that saying....

Hang in there girl, think of how far you've come, and those 2 pounds will eventually come off...if you stress about it too much, you might even jeopordize your weight loss
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    When I finally hit a healthy BMI, I told myself I was going to drop my goal per week to 1lb. Which I did, and felt pretty good about getting 200 cals more a day!

But since then, I've gained 2 pounds! I have no idea how! The first week, I knew I probably gained because I was working at a summer camp and every idea of healthy eating flew out of my mind as I binged. But this last week, I've been home in my regular routine and under my calorie goal EVERY DAY! And when I say under, I mean with like 40 cals left, so I know I'm not starving.

THIS SUCKS! I don't understand. The only thing I can think of is that I ate dinner too late last night - I heard on the biggest loser that if you eat late and weigh early it could f-up the weigh in. Or maybe I'm drinking too much water? I don't know, but I don't like it.

Any theories? Words of encouragement?

In my experience eating unhealthy even just for a weekend even will make me feel bloated and make the scale move up. I know its probably not neccessarily fat its probably due to sodium intake (b/c most foods that aren't good for you are packed with sodium) or it could be that I didn't drink water like I typically due during the week. Even after just a weekend of this it takes my body a few days to snap out of it and remove that water bloat. You said you had a full week of "binge" eating, you know that happens, you were having a good time. Don't get down on yourself, just pick up where you left off and you will begin to start seeing the pounds drop off again.
  • FitToBeFab
    FitToBeFab Posts: 537 Member
    Options

This may have to be my new life motto!

Thank you everyone for your words of encouragement. I really appreciate it. This is why MFP is so supportive, awesome people like you!!