Why are GPs so stupid to treat PCOS?

Options
2»

Replies

• ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    UGH!! Ignorance and arrogance can explain most cases of a Dr reacting that way. Insulin Resistance is a very real part of it that would include any one not just someone trying to conceive. I'd find a new Dr. if possible.
  • mommadid
    Options
    I have fired 2 doctors for stunts like that. I am so glad I found one that listens and can discuss situations with me.:flowerforyou:
    Best of luck to you.
  • mommadid
    Options
    Replacement YES. :bigsmile:
  • Shelle58704
    Shelle58704 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My doctor wants to treat it with the Pill or Clomid. We aren't trying, nor are we preventing. I just want balanced hormones or regular cycles!!! I did a day of research on the internet and started on a bunch of supplements a couple of years ago. Worked great! Lost 40lbs in 6 months . . . and ended up pregnant! She is now a year, no longer breastfeeding, so I'm back on the supplements.

Would there be any reason to go on Clomid unless you are actively trying to get pregnant?

I am not trying to get pregnant but would to try to regularly ovulate each month now so that when (if) I want to get pregnant in the next few years I can.
    The only reason to take Clomid with out actually trying is to make myself ovulate and get a normal period. But as Clomid has wicked side effects itself, and doesn't seem like a good long term solution, I don't want it.
    My doctor wants to treat it with the Pill or Clomid. We aren't trying, nor are we preventing. I just want balanced hormones or regular cycles!!! I did a day of research on the internet and started on a bunch of supplements a couple of years ago. Worked great! Lost 40lbs in 6 months . . . and ended up pregnant! She is now a year, no longer breastfeeding, so I'm back on the supplements.

I'm curious about the supplements you take. What are they? How long did you take them before you noticed a difference?
    I'll send you a private message. :)
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Ya, I was diagnosed at age 15 after my mother read about it in a magazine and insisted that the doctor check. However, the doctor suggested shaving my neck and putting makeup on the dark patches as the sole course of treatment.

I finally went to another doctor at 24 who put me on the pill, and it was great.
  • SmarTam
    SmarTam Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Ya, I was diagnosed at age 15 after my mother read about it in a magazine and insisted that the doctor check. However, the doctor suggested shaving my neck and putting makeup on the dark patches as the sole course of treatment.

I finally went to another doctor at 24 who put me on the pill, and it was great.

Seriously???

Such doctors should not be allowed to practise. They should be fired, and I insist that all doctors must pass an yearly global examination to keep them updated with new findings in health and medical line if they fail, their practise shoudl be siezed!!