Just joined

Options
I started yesterday a am off to a ok start...not to mention the bag of pototoe chips I had for a snack and then decided not to have dinner. One of my old faults. Last year I lost 15 lbs and this year I gained 20 back. The reunion was over and so was my focus. i turn 50 in December and I want to smile in the mirror again. That is my goal.

Replies

• HaesMom
    HaesMom Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi there, I joined yesterday also, my sister told me about this site. I am on a journey to lose about 65 pounds. I had a baby last year and gained 135 pounds with the pregnancy AFTER losing 146 pounds 2 years before that. Needless to say I understand where your coming from. This is a struggle every single day, eating healthy, and still being able to enjoy life, sometimes you think that the two can't go hand in hand, but they can, and eventually I know I will figure this out, just like you will. Keep your head up and don't beat yourself up because you ate chips, you CAN eat whatever you want, just do so in moderation, counter the not so good for you foods with lots of fruit and veggies! Good luck!!:smile:
  • bitabee
    bitabee Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Welcome! My husband was encouraging me yesterday to tell myself "I CAN do this..." It's all about your attitude and the way you approach it! Cheers to a healthier, happier you!
  • reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday a am off to a ok start...not to mention the bag of pototoe chips I had for a snack and then decided not to have dinner. One of my old faults.

The worse thing is to skip your meals even when you overeat or eat the wrong things. Better choice: have a healthy small meal!!!!

Don't compund one error into 2 errors!!

:-)
    Renee
  • gingerssnap
    gingerssnap Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I am doing another program that I pay for so I am hoping this works for me so I can quit the other one. So far I like it alot 'Have a great day everyone
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP! Congratulations on your decision to get fit. You sound determined, and that's great! You'll find everyone on this site to be very positive, encouraging and motivating. Feel free to friend request me if you'd like. :)

Also, if you're on Facebook, please feel free to check out the group I created over there, called Motivation. Many positive, encouraging people over that way, too! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=268180696780&ref=ts

Best wishes on your fitness journey!

~ Chandra
  • Mesmereyes
    Mesmereyes Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hello MFP! I am soooooooo excited to have found you all. I'm on a mission to lose my post baby weight of approx 80 lbs. Did I mention my baby is 14 years old? *smile* Hopefully MFP will give me just what I need to get the ball rolling downhill. My greatest challenges will be fourfold (is that a word??) 1) I'm a sugar addict (2) I hate to cook and eat out alot 3) I'm allergic to all fruit except citrus and do not eat eggs, soy products, or tomatoes and 4) I have painful abdominal hernias that hinder exercise. With all of that said, I am steadfast and determined to win this battle of the bulge. I'm looking forward to making some new friends here for support andexchanging ideas.
  • Mesmereyes
    Mesmereyes Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hello MFP! I am soooooooo excited to have found you all. I'm on a mission to lose my post baby weight of approx 80 lbs. Did I mention my baby is 14 years old? *smile* Hopefully MFP will give me just what I need to get the ball rolling downhill. My greatest challenges will be fourfold (is that a word??) 1) I'm a sugar addict (2) I hate to cook and eat out alot 3) I'm allergic to all fruit except citrus and do not eat eggs, soy products, or tomatoes and 4) I have painful abdominal hernias that hinder exercise. With all of that said, I am steadfast and determined to win this battle of the bulge. I'm looking forward to making some new friends here for support andexchanging ideas.
  • shegle
    shegle Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm a newbie too. I just found this app on my Iphone last night. This is just what I've been looking for. I'm on a mission to lose 40 lbs. I just started Jazzercise last week. I love it! I think the combination of the two will be a winner! Looking forward to reading everyones posts to keep me motivated. We all need each other! :-)
  • lparsley
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just joined today! I keep trying to lose this weight on my own and keep failing! I'm hoping this will help keep me on track!
  • lparsley
    Options
    Hey shegle -- I do Jazzercise too!! LOVE IT!!! Hope it helps you jazz off that weight in a fun way!!!
  • shegle
    shegle Posts: 2
    Options
    Hey lparsley,

Yes, I'm LOVIN it! A new Jazzercise location just opened 2 weeks ago right near my house. Maybe it was a sign! Ha-ha! I planning on getting there 4X a week.

How are you doing navigating on this site? How did you find it? It seems to be what I have been looking for...motivation and accountability. I'm looking to lose 40lbs.

Shegle