I Need Some Help!

Options
Hello Everyone I am hoping someone can give me some ideas on a good start to my weight lost I have not been very successful in my past and I want a new start. So I'm wondering if anyone have some tips or want to be friends to help with motivating each other. Please if anyone can help!

Replies

• fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Use the goals tab and have MFP tell you what your goals for calories, carbs, fat, protein etc. are.
    Start measuring and weighing your food. Log everything, including condiments and drinks.
    Find an exercise that you like and start doing it.

You can start also by just logging your food, without changing the way you eat. Many people are shocked at the calories in some of their food. If you have never done this, you will likely get shocked as well.

Get a digital food scale that measures to the gram.

Weigh yourself as frequently as you feel comfortable. Take your body's measurements, when your weight loss stalls these numbers will motivate you that you are progressing.

Eat back your exercise calories but keep in mind MFP overestimates your calories burned, you may want to invest in a heart rate monitot thst does a better job of estimating calories.

Stop eating processed food-or cut down. Calorie counts are high and they have a ton of sodium, which will drive you crazy when your weight bounces around because you had an extra gram of sodium.

Good luck, keep reading the forums, you will learn a lot, and remember not all advice is good.

There are some getting started posts too but I am typing from a smartphone so can't link them. I can barely make this legible.
  • mztoogood2betrue
    mztoogood2betrue Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your ideas definitely will help!