Need to gain 9lbs

I need to gain 9lbs but I would like to do it without gaining body fat is this possible if so how, if I eat the right foods over my normal calorie intake without exercise will it be fat I'm gaining or should I eat more and lift weights and weight train thank you :)

Replies

• 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    From what I understood, you need reserves of fat for your body to convert into muscle, or something. So eat well, and train heavy.
  • If you are talking about building muscle weight, then you will have to lift weights. Heavy compound movements, at least 3 times a week.
    If you are in a calorie surplus and doing no exercise, then yes your weight gains will be fat.

www.stronglifts.com

Have a look on this website, I am a big fan of 5x5 training. Download the free leafelt. Follow the workout routine, eat the right foods in the right proportions and you will grow muscle.
  • dockholiday8234
    dockholiday8234 Posts: 43 Member
    Ignore the poster who said you need fat to turn in to muscle. There is no such process in the body.

The trick to gaining muscle and minimizing fat gain is to do it as slowly as possible. You can gain 9lb real fast. But it will be mostly fat. You can only build muscle so quick.

Eat about 250 calories per day in surplus. 1.5g of protein per lb lean body mass. So if you are 150lb lean mass thats 150*1.5 = 225g protein per day.

Lift heavy. Squats, deadlifts, military press, weight dips, weighted chin ups, bench press, barbell rows are your best friend. Get to know those exercises intimately. For the love of god please don't waste your time doing bicept curls.
  • Ignore the poster who said you need fat to turn in to muscle. There is no such process in the body.

The trick to gaining muscle and minimizing fat gain is to do it as slowly as possible. You can gain 9lb real fast. But it will be mostly fat. You can only build muscle so quick.

Eat about 250 calories per day in surplus. 1.5g of protein per lb lean body mass. So if you are 150lb lean mass thats 150*1.5 = 225g protein per day.

Lift heavy. Squats, deadlifts, military press, weight dips, weighted chin ups, bench press, barbell rows are your best friend. Get to know those exercises intimately. For the love of god please don't waste your time doing bicept curls.

Its actually 1.5g of protein per KG of lean body mass. Someone who weighs 150lbs does not need 225g of protein, it is a waste and will be stored for other energies.